Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Indefatigable
22,035 Posts
Do people really fall for that? My bet is the biggest buyer are old or people who don't leave their homes and that the sellers know that. In the age of email we rarely mail anything but I would NEVER put it out in the box. I take it to the post office and if I need stamps, buy them then.

·
Barrio Bajo Señor
4,116 Posts
I bought rolls of 100 from eBay for $25-$30 and used them, they’re good, I have around 7 rolls

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Do people really fall for that? My bet is the biggest buyer are old or people who don't leave their homes and that the sellers know that. In the age of email we rarely mail anything but I would NEVER put it out in the box. I take it to the post office and if I need stamps, buy them then.
I mail bills every month.
They get picked up from my curbside rural style mailbox.
But I buy stamps at the post office...

·
Capability, not scenarios
12,226 Posts
This is like those ads on FB where you get a 24-piece battery-powered tool pack for $96. I can't imagine who falls for that one, either.

Reactions: Gadsden Rebel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ha! My wife fell for this one. Ordered stamps from “mallstamp.com”, website looked just like the usps website. Received the stamps and I told her that’s asking for trouble using them so we threw them out.

·
Indefatigable
22,035 Posts
I mail bills every month.
They get picked up from my curbside rural style mailbox.
But I buy stamps at the post office...
OK has a real problem with mail carriers being lazy or downright criminals. We have had to report ours several times and I know we aren't the only ones. It doesn't matter how much mail you put out for pickup unless they have more than 3 items to leave, they won't be making the walk. We don't take the chance and drop ours in a public box.

Reactions: Sis
1 - 9 of 9 Posts