Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Victorinox Tinker to use as my new EDC knife. Small enough to fit in my jeans pocket, and no clip for anyone to notice. Being right handed, I put the knife in my right pocket. But then noticed the watch pocket that I've never ever used and thought why not ? A few hours later when I needed the knife, it was gone....that little bugger fell out somewhere. Does anyone here actually use their watch pocket ?

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Carry a watch in mine. I dont usually trust a clip on a knife solo. usually carry a clip type either in a flat belt sheath, or clipped in the side of the leg carpenters jean pocket. its deep enough not to bounce out.

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
if ya look at the position of the pocket, if the item goes all the way in, like a watch, or lighter, its trapped by you movements, and pushed down deeper, ( thats why you keep a chain on a pocket watch, to pull it out) but due to the way you bend twist, if something is clipped at the top, when you squat down, the item is pushed up, thus pushing it off the clip. thats, why if i clip one , Im either wearing BDU's with a thigh pocket, or carpenter jeans with a just above knee narrow pocket when you squat it doesn't push out of those......

·
COLD HEARTLESS BREED
408 Posts
Yeah, only a few keys that I need to get home, small key ring 1/2"dia (house,car, & tiny nano light)
Meds in a small plastic circular container (1"dia x 1/2")
2$, 1$, coins (1ea) and 2 .25ct pieces

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.