Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I read on one of the weather websites that we need some sort of tropical storm to move the high pressure system that is sitting over us. If that happens then the heat/drought should stop.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I read on one of the weather websites that we need some sort of tropical storm to move the high pressure system that is sitting over us. If that happens then the heat/drought should stop.
I sure hope so

I'm just tickled that they named it Don
Now don't get all big and bad we just need a break in the weather and some rain.:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
A quick question for you TX folks. After a prolonged drought, do you have to worry about flooding and mudslides? I am not sure about your topography.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
its on the local news.

Hopefully we will get some rain out of it

·
High-Strung
840 Posts
I would love to get a lot of rain from this, but Montgomery County is not even in the cone of uncertainly, so I don't look for us to get anything. I am going to watch it closely and hope it holds together and shifts a lot to the right.

Frank Billingsly just said there is a possibility that it is going to fall apart. He wasn't saying that at 5 pm. Also the updated spaghetti models have it going into Corpus Christi more than it was before.

We are not going to get anything from this.

·
Registered
725 Posts
A quick question for you TX folks. After a prolonged drought, do you have to worry about flooding and mudslides? I am not sure about your topography.
Going east to west you can find almost any topography in TX. Lush green woods in the east, open prairie in the center, arid and desolate in the mid-west, and mountains in the west.

There are local areas that might experience flooding, but I doubt there would be anything as significant as the mudslides in CA. The rivers generally don't flood more than a mile or so from their banks, but that's enough to cause local problems.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Low areas are prone to flooding if we get alot of rain in a short period of time. Mudslides aren't much of a problem in the state but they do happen once in a while. Nothing like California, though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Going east to west you can find almost any topography in TX. Lush green woods in the east, open prairie in the center, arid and desolate in the mid-west, and mountains in the west.

There are local areas that might experience flooding, but I doubt there would be anything as significant as the mudslides in CA. The rivers generally don't flood more than a mile or so from their banks, but that's enough to cause local problems.
I have never been to Texas and really can't quite grasp how big the state is. Thanks for your replies and hoping for some rain for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts