Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna hear from owners of wasr's about long range accuracy. with or without optics what have you been able to do? yards? what scope mount, scope red dot etc? thanx in advance!

·
free man
626 Posts
Since you said w/o scopes as well..

First shots new out of the box(just cleaned and lubed w Breakfree before hand) w open sites basically offhand(holding on to a nearby post) at 50yrds(the big holes :)). Nice targets, eh? Haven't tried it at 100yd yet. Figure about twice that group size.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
I can hit a 8 inch styrofoam plate from the free standing position all day long with mine. For and AK thats good enough.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Eo Tech mounted on an Ultimak rail...

Chest sized steel, 300 yards. Prone/Kneeling

Iron sites, ~8-10 inch 'head sized' steel offhand @ 100

No problems.

-Other people have shot further... I just havn't had the occasion to shoot the AK further.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's... Just.... WRONG!

Red dot, Light, Sling.

That's all.

lol its funny as hell, read that kids video description. he says he wants to have 3 lazers so he caan put a 3 dot triangle on people likr the predator!!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I shot mine close to 100 yards with iron sights I hit the target. I was just doing a test fire to see if it all worked ok and I didnt baby it at all and it ate everything I put in it. The WASR-10 is an AK and works just like an AK.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have no complaints about my wasr. even I realise that i PROBABLY wont ever be in a fire fight. but hey better to have and not need! i feel confident that i can fend off anyone trying to take my stuff. if certain neighbors of mine were to ever try to rob me they would be in for a big surprise with their deerguns.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I recently found and purchased the nicest Century WASR I have ever seen, after having checked out and handled dozens and dozens of them. I took it to the range yesterday and was making standing off-hand hits at 100 yards on an 8" target without any problem using the irons. That's as good a job as I can do with just about any 16" centerfire rifle shooting standing and unsupported at that distance. Otf the bench I am sure it's probably good for sub-3MOA, which is plenty good for an AK shooting crappy off-the-shelf Wolf MC.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
WASR= Type of AK.

Romanian, Says WASR (10 or 2 etc) on the reciever.

It is currently the most inexpensive ak and so is bemoned as a cheap POS etc...

While it is not as refined as some... and there are a couple things to look for, if you get a WASR with crooked sites etc... it is fixable, and they run just fine.

(Those that don't... If you buy it 'new' century will pay shipping both ways to fix/replace it and you have no need of going through a FFL when dealign with a Manufacturer.)
-Noncentury gun... check who made it.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
WASR= Type of AK.

Romanian, Says WASR (10 or 2 etc) on the reciever.

It is currently the most inexpensive ak and so is bemoned as a cheap POS etc...

While it is not as refined as some... and there are a couple things to look for, if you get a WASR with crooked sites etc... it is fixable, and they run just fine.

(Those that don't... If you buy it 'new' century will pay shipping both ways to fix/replace it and you have no need of going through a FFL when dealign with a Manufacturer.)
-Noncentury gun... check who made it.
Ok, I have a Century Arms GP1975 with black furniture. Shoots pretty good so far.

·
ÐìrtýÐëëdsÐøñëÐìrtÇhëâþ
387 Posts
The Romanian government signed a treaty (the Wassenaar Arrangement) which restricts the export of military rifles. The receiver of the WASR (Wassenaar Arrangement Semiautomatic Rifle) was redesigned so it did not qualify as a military rifle as defined in the treaty. The redesign involved replacing the dimples with L shaped brackets that were copied from late production RPKs and narrowing the magazine well so it would only accept a single stack 10 shot magazine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The only problem I ever had with my WASR was the darn trigger reatining pin would back out. I bought a TAPCO reating plate and that problem went away. As for accuracy, out of the box (after a very good cleaning of coarse) open sights I shot 20 rounds in about a 4 inch cirlce of the bench at a 100 yards. Since then I have installed the retaining plate and a Tapco stage 2 trigger kit, and I am telling you that kit is sweet.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
i have a WASR 10--& the rear site base is pinned on a bit crooked,.the receiver looks as tho it is twisted ( lol like a wash cloth being wrung out )---& even the front site looks canted....but i've put @ 1,500 + thru this sucker and its right on
i have installed a Kobra red dot,..has multiple chevrons to choose from,.i like it-
holds it's zero even after removing it many times to clean the rifle,..i havent had the oppertunity to see how far it will accurately reach out & touch a target
yet,..100 yds. is the limit at our range

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts