Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny as hell.. All the WASR's out there are going for on average for $650.00 in all states.. But here in Liverpool NY an Herbs and Phillips, there going for $499.99.. <<FUNNY THAT>>

I picket up two for the up and coming gun show to sell to a moron for (Price to be determined)

I just think it's wild on how everywhere there over $600.00 and here in New York, at Herbs and Phillips there $499.99..:wow

·
Registered
171 Posts
long island here there going for 750 gun store and 625 at a recent gun show. Ar's are 1450 and up and sks are 400 and up. Buy those guns and sell them buy all sell them for 650-700 make some money and spend on preps.

·
Unseen
667 Posts
I am all for making money, but isn't this kind of stuff what put us in the position we are in.... Money greed.... This kind of thing just screams lack of integrity. I am not judging who you are, but this kind of thing is what hurts our country more and more. What happened to the days when someone who found a good deal would just share the good deal with others, instead of looking at them as suckers/"moron"s. When I see good deals like that, I pass them on, I might buy 2 extras, and sell them to freinds for the same amount I paid just because it was a good deal. Why do you feel the need to rip someone else off? or to cheat them out of there money? All I am asking is that you take a moment to think about the things you do, and how you could do them better, and not let your life revolve around money. This is pure greed and nothing else. You are taking advantage of people.

It is no wonder our economy has become the way it is, everyone wants the dollar, and doesn't care what they have to do to get it.

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
Funny as hell.. All the WASR's out there are going for on average for $650.00 in all states.. But here in Liverpool NY an Herbs and Phillips, there going for $499.99.. <<FUNNY THAT>>

I picket up two for the up and coming gun show to sell to a moron for (Price to be determined)

I just think it's wild on how everywhere there over $600.00 and here in New York, at Herbs and Phillips there $499.99..:wow
Hmm, at Herb's, no kidding the one around here (Utica) only has Saiga's and the staff are rude bastages.

Where is that upcoming gunshow by the way?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I am all for making money, but isn't this kind of stuff what put us in the position we are in.... Money greed.... This kind of thing just screams lack of integrity. I am not judging who you are, but this kind of thing is what hurts our country more and more. What happened to the days when someone who found a good deal would just share the good deal with others, instead of looking at them as suckers/"moron"s. When I see good deals like that, I pass them on, I might buy 2 extras, and sell them to freinds for the same amount I paid just because it was a good deal. Why do you feel the need to rip someone else off? or to cheat them out of there money? All I am asking is that you take a moment to think about the things you do, and how you could do them better, and not let your life revolve around money. This is pure greed and nothing else. You are taking advantage of people.

It is no wonder our economy has become the way it is, everyone wants the dollar, and doesn't care what they have to do to get it.

In my best Larry the cable guy voice NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE AND I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE.

He would be helping the economy buying two guns turning around reselling it and buying something else with the money. Thats taking profit and investing it some where else its what makes the world go around.

To up the price is in no way hurting anyone with the guns most of the people out buying them are the one's that voted for the guy who might put the ban in. I have read on many boards people at gun shows with Obama stickers on cars and walking around with a print out what gun they want.

I think if you wanted it before you should have bought it or just do without. I paid 299 for my WASR and now in my area they are 7-800 and if I could sell mine for that I would and then turn around and buy one for 4-5 bucks with ammo. I just helped the economy from buying from another shop on the net and the guy in the are doing the FFL.

We are not the one's who raised the prices to start it was those around us selling to us that we delt with all the time who raised prices.

If I had the extra money I would jump on a deal like that.

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts

I must admit that this mentality boggles my mind. This nation was built by people taking risks in hopes of gains in the future. It's not greed, it's an investment, with all of the pitfalls inherent in such a venture. Where it becomes greed and outright foolishness is when the investor cannot afford to lose the gamble.

How in the hell did we get to a point when so many people (not just you, InIt2Live, but others I see across the interwebs and in person) have confused healthy American risk-taking and investments for greed? We all talk about having things for barter if SHTF. So is that greed to sock away things we can do without down the road so we can trade with someone else?

If so, I think I must be missing the whole point.

·
Unseen
667 Posts
I guess I came off a bit wrong, I am not against guns as an investment per say. I am against him buying a gun for alower price, turning around and making money off of a "moron" as he put it. That is taking advantage of someone. I agree that this country was built partially on people taking risks and making money. I do see what he is doing as greed. I doubt that he "needs" the money and more so "wants" the money. Buying them as a future investment for shtf bartering is completely different than ripping someone off and contributing to the rising prices of these firearms.

I think a simple heads up to anyone living close to that gun shop woudl have sufficed. He could have simply said that there is a great deal going on at this gun shop, get em while ya can! Instead he came bragging on the interweb about how he is going to capitolize on less knowing people. My point was more on a person to person humanity level than it was on buying/selling.

I just wish we as Americans were not so wrapped up in money, and in making money. Just sad to me to see someone publically announcing that they plan to take advantage of "morons".

I cannot bring to words everything that I am trying to put forth here, and I deffinately don't want to start one of the needless interweb arguments/debates. I just wish I didn't have to come on here and see one person calling another a Moron, because they didn't buy the firearm for a cheaper price... just senseless and pointless.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, at Herb's, no kidding the one around here (Utica) only has Saiga's and the staff are rude bastages.

Where is that upcoming gunshow by the way?
That Sucks.. I have been going to the one in Liverpool for year and a half now. They know me by first name, I've become more of a fixture there then a customer there. There nice and friendly to everyone I've seen..

I would complain..

As for the Next Gun Show.. The best one coming up is in Syracuse. April 18th and 19th cost $6.00 to get in opens at 8:00am, ends at 5:00pm.. They have all the Good parts and more..

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

My hat comes off to you..

You misunderstand what my intentions are. I will admit that the shallow use of the word "Moron" was a bit strong. I simple intend on going to the Next Gun Show and selling them at a reduced cost of the other venders.. AKA.. If the lowest price for a WASR is $700.00 Plus tax. I will sell mine for $625.00.. Making a profit and saveing someone cash..

But if one of my friends asked I would sell it to them for a small profit of a Case of beer and a load of bon fire wood..

Again, My hats off to you InIt2Live. You have made a good point m8..

·
Unseen
667 Posts

You misunderstand what my intentions are. I will admit that the shallow use of the word "Moron" was a bit strong. I simple intend on going to the Next Gun Show and selling them at a reduced cost of the other venders.. AKA.. If the lowest price for a WASR is $700.00 Plus tax. I will sell mine for $625.00.. Making a profit and saveing someone cash..

But if one of my friends asked I would sell it to them for a small profit of a Case of beer and a load of bon fire wood..

Deffinitely not what I was expecting to hear from you (as the OP) but very nice to hear! :D: Thank you for clarifying for me, what your intentions are. I would say in a way, you are passing on the savings to the folks at the gun show that were about to pay $700. Case of beer and bon fire wood? you would fit right in with me and mine! Nothing but respect to you for passing on the savings, and clearing up the "moron" thing. Cheers!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Well, time to be the bad guy.
If you can get $1,000 for that WASR I say more power to you. In my opinion he is in no way ripping off any person selling them for whatever the market will bear. Am I about making money? Absolutely, thats what makes the world spin.

I recently cashed in on the market myself. A friend called me and asked me if I wanted to sell one of my ARs. Keep in mind I built several, several years ago for $500+or-. I responded sure, for $1,500. I didn't really care to sell any but for the right dollar amount anything is for sale. I soon had $1,400 in hand and the buyer was thrilled. {-$100 after a little bargaining}

I turned around an bought an M1 carbine for my wife and built the exact same AR for about $650.

I doubt that he "needs" the money and more so "wants" the money.
So what? He owns the item, he can ask whatever he wants for it. Who are you to determine what he need or wants?

·
Unseen
667 Posts
Well, time to be the bad guy.
If you can get $1,000 for that WASR I say more power to you. In my opinion he is in no way ripping off any person selling them for whatever the market will bear. Am I about making money? Absolutely, thats what makes the world spin.

I recently cashed in on the market myself. A friend called me and asked me if I wanted to sell one of my ARs. Keep in mind I built several, several years ago for $500+or-. I responded sure, for $1,500. I didn't really care to sell any but for the right dollar amount anything is for sale. I soon had $1,400 in hand and the buyer was thrilled. {-$100 after a little bargaining}

I turned around an bought an M1 carbine for my wife and built the exact same AR for about $650.

So what? He owns the item, he can ask whatever he wants for it. Who are you to determine what he need or wants?
This has alrady been settled big guy:thumb:;)

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
As for the Next Gun Show.. The best one coming up is in Syracuse. April 18th and 19th cost $6.00 to get in opens at 8:00am, ends at 5:00pm.. They have all the Good parts and more..
I will have to check that one out, is it going to be at the Fairgrounds?

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts

If I had the money I would do the same thing ;)

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
^^^^
No thanks. I just take the basic grunt, sniff, spit and hand shake. But Rearranging of the crouch is optional.. AKA Grab and spit to the side..LOL

"We all hicks up in here" http://www.shroomery.org/forums/images/graemlins/*******.gif

I will have to check that one out, is it going to be at the Fairgrounds?
Yes, it is in the Center of Progress building left from the main gate..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Henderson Defense has WASRs back in stock for $509.95.

Henderson Defense "Certified" WASR Rifles:

We have gone through and inspected these rifles for straight rear sight bases, gas blocks and front sight bases. The magazine provided has been fitted to ensure proper lock up and removal. You won't have to worry about hand-inspecting this rifle prior to purchase because we took away the anxiety of ordering a WASR online. We have "certified" these 7.62x39 carbines to be sold online without concerns for the above reasons.

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=77

·
Nope.
2,099 Posts
Henderson Defense has WASRs back in stock for $509.95.

Henderson Defense "Certified" WASR Rifles:

We have gone through and inspected these rifles for straight rear sight bases, gas blocks and front sight bases. The magazine provided has been fitted to ensure proper lock up and removal. You won't have to worry about hand-inspecting this rifle prior to purchase because we took away the anxiety of ordering a WASR online. We have "certified" these 7.62x39 carbines to be sold online without concerns for the above reasons.

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=77
Wow. Nice to see at least one local business didn't go for jacking up prices through the roof since the election. I want to say that their previous price was $489, but it may have been $459. Still, it's not the hundreds we've been hearing about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts