Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been shooting at 2 different rocks, 10 feet apart, each the size of a human head, 50 yards away exactly. hit them every single time, alternating between the 2. and i only qualified "marksman".

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
get a $30 remote control car some red and blue baloons and a helium canister
get 5 ft strings and make a red baloon and a blue baloon head sized at about 5'10" off the ground and give your friend the remote put the truck at 50m and try to hit red as he drives and avoid blue

·
Totally Un-Hip
878 Posts
I think he might be referring to fact that he used a WASR. I have two and had not tried the exercise in a while , so it gives me some hope that mine may shoot just as decent(for a WASR). I have not shot mine in a while and really need to.

I need to find my sigh adjustment tool, I am sure I will need it.
Hopefully I will be surprised and they will be tack-drivers.
I doubt that though.

·
Watching, Waiting....
1,473 Posts
Rocks don't shoot back either. Shooting back takes the careful aim, slow trigger pull, controlled breathing, and super awesome accuracy out of the equation. Rocks tend to utilize the Somali Pirate Tactic of just sitting there an letting there heads explode.

·
Just a rock & spear guy
1,333 Posts
Forget the headshots, aim for COM.

Check your grouping on a 1" square set at 82 ft (75 meters) If you can group 4 to 8 inches you're good for man sized targets out to 300 meters.

The 1" square represents 4 MOA, so if 1 MOA = 1" at/(per) 100 yards, then 4 MOA at 100 yards = 4 ", 4 MOA at 200 yards = 8" and 4 MOA at 300 yards = 12".

and; 8 MOA at 100 yards = 8", 8 MOA at 200 yards = 16", 8 MOA at 300 yards = 24"

Go here for more. You'll be glad you did.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
ive been shooting at 2 different rocks, 10 feet apart, each the size of a human head, 50 yards away exactly. hit them every single time, alternating between the 2. and i only qualified "marksman".
50 yards, now you were moving and not in a sitting or prone position right ?

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you cannot hit a baseball @ 50 yards, never mind a head, SELL THE GUN!!!! My Mini 30 could do that, and that's not the most accurate rifle around by a long shot.
i also put several rounds through a broom handle at the same 50 yards.

BUT ONCE AGAIN THIS ISNT ME SAYING IM A CRACK SHOT. im saying wasrs are great rifles.
i dont have a fetish for "HEAD SHOTS", JUST THAT THE TARGETS IM SHOOTING AT HAPPEN TO BE THE SIZE OF A HUMAN HEAD.

also im curious if some of you guys understand that there are 3 feet in a yard/meter? 50 yards=150 feet not 50 feet.
i wear glasses, and i cant see out to 200 yards. to me a human sized target at 250 yards is like shooting a matchstick at 25 yards.
but thats just little old me, i know the rest of you make unsupported COM kill shots with open sights at 700 yards all day long.

lol alright upon re-reading my original post i kinda see why im being ribbed, didnt really convey what i was thinking very well.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Keep up the practice. My first AK was a WASR. Still works 100% and shoots great too.
I consider it a great weapon in my hands out to at least 200 meters. (no head shots, I'm a COM shooter). It's bone stock except for a Williams' aperature sight.
I cut my teeth on 'peep' sights, so I put them on a few of my rifles.
I can aquire quickly with them.
Thanks for your post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.