Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
If mag wobble is THAT bad; I found a strip of duct tape works as a quick fix. You can also do a bit of ******* welding with some JB Quick (fast setting form of JB Weld). If you bet too much around the mag well you can dremel it back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
just picked min up on monday, no mag wobble but the other three he had sounded like a set of miraccas when you shook them with a mag in. Guess i got lucky!

I noticed a slight cant in the front sight but it did not seem to effect accuracy at the range as i had good groups at 50yds!

·
Registered
23 Posts
mine was $650 otd with 4 mags, i got to handpick from 4 he had in stock. Its a little high for a wasr but i could put it on gunbroker right now and make a profit on it!

Given the current market everyone i have talked to says $650 and being able to handle it and inspect for any possible issues beforehand was a good price. Obviously i thought it was because i brough it home!

·
Banned
85 Posts
Try different manufacturers of mags. A lot of times plastic mags will fit snuggly as they are newer made with the WASR issues in mind. But honestly unless your sneaking around somewhere, wobble is really no issue as long as it does not affect your feeding of ammo into your rifle. I have a WASR and I have wobble also, but it does not affect my rifle performance. If I had to take any rifle into a SHTF situation, it would definately be the WASR. I know there are die hards on here saying that it is not a good rifle. But it is an AK period. It is rugged, reliable and will shoot just as good as your expensive AK. If you spend all that money on a milled reciever gun, your just paying extra for your preference. Because when it comes down to it, a WASR will be just as reliable and put the same firepower down range. The whole idea behind having AK's is that it has the skills to pay the bills and has for a long time. Ak's were origionally designed to have stamped recievers so that they could be mass produced cheaply and cheaply repaired. And as I have said before, if you want accuracy in a rifle, get a scoped hunting rifle to accompany your AK. You can pick up a cheap combo Mossberg, Remington ect... to fulfill that need. I have a remington 710 and 770 and I can pick large game off at 500 yards with these rifles easily time after time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw that deal on classic but by the time it was shipped and transfered it would have been $585 and it only came with 2 mags and they were polymer. So for the extra 65 bucks i got to hold it in my hands and inspect it plus i got 4 steel mags to go with it.

But if you cant find one locally then classic is the way to go. I did alot of reading and i only found a couple of guys who wernt happy with the gun they received from classic. Wasr's are so iffy i just opted to check it out before i bought it!

·
armchair commando
1,184 Posts
I bought mine from a dealer here in GA. Mine is a GP 10/63 Came with the Tapco G2 trigger, Tapco Adjustable stock, a 30 round mag {very little wobble} and a 40 round mag with lots 'o wobble.
I walked out with the AK and 100 rounds for $730....:eek:

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Some Mags are better then others. But as GoodOlFroathyone said Most Polymere Mags fit like a glove..

P.S.
I got my Wasr back when they where still only $299.85. The Last one I picked up was $499.99 at Herbs and Phillips.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
its almost impossable to find a assult rife anywhere near here to buy right now even if you wanted one,even the hi point carbines have been on back order for months and they dont know if any will even come back in.might be able to get one thats been traded in but no ones doing that right now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I lucked out and got my WASR when it was only $289. Now they are going for $400 from the same place. Shoots fine (at least as well as I can place it), and is as butt ugly as a shar pei puppy. Wobbles with the mags that came with it, but holds the Chinese mags nice and tight so I don't think I'm going to try fixing it right now; there are other things I need to spend my time on.:upsidedown:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man...

Prices have really gone up! I bought my WASR fall of last year for $320.00 w/2 30rnd mags. That's a fair sight from $600+ I'm seeing now. If I had known then, I'd have bought them all...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.