Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else out there got a wasr-10 (ak) got mine in 2005' for $325 i'm hearing the price has gone up a bit.. it's a good fairly accurate SHTF 7.62x39 rifle IMHO..:D:

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
There are several threads about em, so I assume someone has them.

I don't know why someone would want one of those Evil things...

They shoot all those bullets and kill people...

They scare me.

:D:

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've never used Winchester ammo its to high to shoot when my WASR-10 likes to eat anything. If your going to reload maybe use winchester but for the price of surplus ammo I wouldnt buy brass ammo.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I've never used Winchester ammo its to high to shoot when my WASR-10 likes to eat anything. If your going to reload maybe use winchester but for the price of surplus ammo I wouldnt buy brass ammo.

^ Ditto, but the winchester works.

(So does Hotshot, Brown bear, Silver bear, Monarch, Etc, etc, etc....)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have shot several different brands of the steel cased ammo. I have only had 1 failure due to a bad primer. Academy had Monarch on sale for $2.99 a box. I left the shelves bare. I am ready to see if it gives me any problems.

·
"Et si omnes ego non"
246 Posts
There are several threads about em, so I assume someone has them.

I don't know why someone would want one of those Evil things...

They shoot all those bullets and kill people...

They scare me.

:D:
guns are bad and they are be afraid of nothing (LOL!)

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
My WASR-10 likes American Eagle

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
the only ammo i've shot in mine is WOLF.. anybody ever shot any WINCHESTER in one?
Careful, Winchester uses soft primers compared to Wolf and the other comm bloc stuff, since the WSAR-10 has a floating firing pin (most SKS's do as well), you could be setting yourself up for a slam fire situation. Sick with the wolf/ brown bear ect. thats what they were made for..

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Hello. My first AK clone was a WASR 10. I still have it, will keep it! It goes bang every time and is accurate enough to hit well at 200 meters with iron sites. The only thing I have changed on mine is adding Williams' aperature rear sites. I like the round. I like the original price ( $319 ) if I remember right. I have NO complaints about the little rifle whatsoever. Ammo has gone up quite a bit, but then, what hasn't! I think I paid about $80 for the first 1000 rounds I bought. I recently bought 700 rounds from AIM SURPLUS and paid about $150 for it. And, I waited a little over 2 weeks for it. Stuff is flying off the shelves since the election.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Got Mine some time Back at a Dog Show LOL for $299.95. I refinished the wood to a Dark Walnut with a hint of red, cut off the Damn weld on the cap hidding the threaded barrel and put a Ak-74 style muzzle brake on it.. Not bad at 200 yards..

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
zazale: yep.. a GOOD rifle IMHO!:thumb:
I just got done with a VERY CHEEP UPGRADE..

I removed the Bluing on the charge bolt to give it that Soviet Look..
What do you think??

Why Pay over $100.00 to get the same look for under a $10??

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Um, Chrome vs unprotected metal....

I personally don't care WHAT it looks like (My main AK looks beat to HELL)...
Runs well.

·
Part Terminator
499 Posts
Um, Chrome vs unprotected metal....
I used Professional Nevr Dull welders Polish. The metal is protected m8.:D:

My other WASR is just as it came, looks like sh^t but is one hell of a AK that looks good covered in mud..Good Hog gun as well..

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
zazale, that does look nifty!

Reactions: zazale
1 - 20 of 23 Posts