Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the levers to remove the front furniture normally really tight?

The gas tube lever wasn't too bad but the bottom forearm lever was a PITA to get flipped over. I had to pry it with a flathead and use pliers and beat on it with a hammer. Once the lever was flipped over I had to hit the piece that holds the wood on towards to muzzle.

·
Wilddieb
2,249 Posts
Normal. Don't worry. It also needs some break-in. :D:

I also had to use pliers the first time I removed the gas tube. You know, the first time is always some kind of hard... ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Normal. Don't worry. It also needs some break-in. :D:

I also had to use pliers the first time I removed the gas tube. You know, the first time is always some kind of hard... ;)
Wald's correct, work it a bit after you move it. Drop of lube won't hurt like 3 and 1 oil.

Make sure to show us some before / after pics :)

---------------------------------------
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wald's correct, work it a bit after you move it. Drop of lube won't hurt like 3 and 1 oil.

Make sure to show us some before / after pics :)

---------------------------------------
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
Sorry no before pics.

Furniture refinished:

Rit Wine Dye
Minwax Red Mahogany
Formby's Tung Oil

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,527 Posts
That's normal. I've changed furniture on a bunch of them over the years. I always end up having to lube them then tap them with a brass punch or pry them to get the to move. Same with closing them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts