Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching online for so long, but decided to use this forum as it's always helpful. I was wondering whether the M57 Tokarev was used by Yugoslavia in WW2. Does the name M57 suggets it was designed in 1957? Please help me with this!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think the World War Two Yugoslav Army used a lot of pocket pistols like M-1922 Brownings and the like. Of course the Royalist and Titoist guerrillas probably used a mish-mash of weapons like guerrilla armies tend to do.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The Yugo M57 mags hold an extra round (9). Other Toks only hold 8. This is why those mags won't work in M57's and they tell you so some on sites who sell Tok mags. Their safety design is much better than others I've seen. More like the ones on 1911-types.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Does the safety in the yugo version actually work like a 1911 safety or is it just a trigger block like others add on to import them?
I've never disassembled that part of the pistol but the safety appears to be part of the original design and is mounted at the rear, by the hammer. It's not the same as the ines that came on the Chikom imported Toks nor like the Polish impots that are mounted near the rear of the trigger.

That's why I described it as similar to the ones on 1911's. It's not as beefy as the 1911 (made from stamped and formed sheet metal) but it works positively and has a comfortable feel.

By the way, the Yugo Tok is the best of the versions I've owned. Never a hiccup and good workmanship, plus the extra round in the mag. The trigger takes some getting used to though. I bet it's close to 8 or 9 lbs :eek: but breaks clean and crisp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts