Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read this in the paper ages ago and it sprung to mind after reading afew threads here so i thought id look it up and post it......

its about some one who was arrested and jailed for storing chemicals for a SHTF situation because he thought there would be a civil war in the UK!!!

leave your comments and opinions.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/jul/31/ukcrime.thefarright

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Did he have food, water, meds, fuel and a retreat? If not he wasn´t a prepper but just another nazi terrorist.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Did he have food, water, meds, fuel and a retreat? If not he wasn´t a prepper but just another nazi terrorist.
I remember he had significant food stores, something the article states too. No idea about fuel/retreat, there's nothing in the article about that and it appears his plan was bug-in. By the way, the court accepted the chemicals were to make flash bang type devices, to scare off intruders. Not killer bombs, which is where you pulled the terrorist association from perhaps?

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Not killer bombs, which is where you pulled the terrorist association from perhaps?
"Police also found ball bearings and a document about bomb-making from the do-it-yourself explosives-making manual The Anarchist Cookbook on his computer." Ball bearings for flash bangs?

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
"Police also found ball bearings and a document about bomb-making from the do-it-yourself explosives-making manual The Anarchist Cookbook on his computer." Ball bearings for flash bangs?
The police and lawyers did not attempt or succeed in connecting the ball bearings to the chemicals, in terms of his plans for post shtf. And if you were British you would have heard more at the time. Those chemicals were not actually seperated and bagged up. No, they were in household products that anyone can buy from a store. The anarchist cookbook was what connected those products to making flash bangs, as yes they describe how to extract particular elements. Ball bearings were not connected. You have these cleaning products and ball bearings in your house too (whether you use a catapult or not, you have doors I assume.) Furthermore, who didn't download the anarchist cookbook? I did it in ICT class when I was 12 if I remember correctly. The sticking point in this case was his political affiliation and the ease with which he could be smeared.

Some other comments from this article;

The judge said she accepted that Cottage's intention had been to hold on to the chemicals, which included ammonia, hydrogen peroxide and hydrochloric acid, until the outbreak of civil disturbance.

So no plans for acts of terrorism, in the eyes of the law.

But she warned: "In letting off any such thunder flash, mistakenly believing you were under threat, you may have caused injury to some innocent person."

Typical health and safety crap.

You drew the nazi terrorist comment because he is BNP, IMO. And it was simple for the tabloids to do the same.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
personally i think its a load of cr*p!! i dont have anything like that anarchists cook book but i know people that did until the police took all his books and chemicals when they raided his garage. He didnt get arrested, the police even put on the documents that they seized a "sachel containing explosives" but still he wasnt even cautioned for it, and that was bout 6 months ago so after all the terror attacks when they got serious about it.

might be wrong and obviously i dont know his background but does anyone think he was persecuted for publicy declaring that he was preparing for "a time of civil unrest"?

In the original article ages ago it said he had enough food stored to last him and his family 5 years!!! so its obvious he wasnt just a "terrorist"

so arrexian, do you think he should of been jailed or not?

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
What if the ball bearings were for advanced Iron palm training?

Hydrogen peroxide? For first Aid.

Hydrochloric acid? EVERYONE has that in thier car batteries!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I agree with Royal Dragon. If you looked hard enough, you could find bomb making materials in every household in england and america.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
yes. ball bearings + chemicals + anarchist's cookbook = "intent"
*eyeing her bookcase*
Well, I guess I am in a bit of a pickle here...I have the aforementioned book, PLUS I also have the military manual "Improvised Weapons and Munitions Manual" and "The Army Ranger Manual", "The S.E.A.L. Manual" and several others I won't mention....:rolleyes:
I also have ammonia, bleach, hydrogen peroxide and a plethora of other household chemicals.
Add to that, loads of nails, tacks, screws, nuts, bolts and other metal bits and pieces PLUS about 100 or so ball bearings of various sizes I use in my slingshot.

I wouldn't worry about all that if I were you...
HERE'S what you need to worry about ...

:thumb:

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
What if the ball bearings were for advanced Iron palm training?
Iron what training?

Hydrogen peroxide? For first Aid.
75 gallons of it? :rolleyes:

Hydrochloric acid? EVERYONE has that in thier car batteries!
I don't.

Sounds like this guy married a stoolie.
His wife turned him in.
Orwell was a prophet, the thought police are in full force in UK now.
That said, how many of you would let his friend the Dentist work on your teeth?

Be warned; the Anarchists Cookbook is the book on how NOT to do things.
Don't mess with it.
I have Marine EOD friend who call it "Darwins Dictionary" and use it as a training aid.
Stay well away.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
yes. ball bearings + chemicals + anarchist's cookbook = "intent"
More like suicidal.....Wonder if they can get you for intent when the info you posses will actually just get you killed?

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
*eyeing her bookcase*
Well, I guess I am in a bit of a pickle here...I have the aforementioned book, PLUS I also have the military manual "Improvised Weapons and Munitions Manual" and "The Army Ranger Manual", "The S.E.A.L. Manual" and several others I won't mention....:rolleyes:
I also have ammonia, bleach, hydrogen peroxide and a plethora of other household chemicals.
Add to that, loads of nails, tacks, screws, nuts, bolts and other metal bits and pieces PLUS about 100 or so ball bearings of various sizes I use in my slingshot.

I wouldn't worry about all that if I were you...
HERE'S what you need to worry about ...

:thumb:
I bet between your bathroom and your sink I could come up with a decent amount of triacetone triperoxide (TATP).....Not that I'd want to due to the HIGHLY unstable nature of the stuff, but I bet you have everything needed in your house already....

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
If the guy had guns and ammo I would have shut my trap but wat he had wasn´t for self defense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts