Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a warning about MonoSodium Glutamate (MSG).

Because money is tight, my daily diet has consisted of Top Ramen noodles at least once daily. Lately, I have started to become very sick and I did not know why, so I became suspicious and did some research on instant noodles. Now, I knew top ramen noodles was unhealthy for you, but I had no idea the ammount of damage this substance called MSG causes.

Here are some symptoms that I have thats been proven to be caused by this poison;
•Chest pain
•Confusion
•Diarrhea
•Headaches (including migraine headaches)
•Memory loss
•Nausea
•Rapid, fluttering heartbeats
•Shortness of breath
•Stuttering or speech problems
•Sweating
•Weakness

All of these side effects are listed as symptoms of MSG exposure, and I Became increasingly worried when I also read that retinal degeneration was also a "symptom" of MSG, because my eye sight has been rapidly decreasing lately. I have also experienced "numbness in the back of the neck, radiating to the arms and back" and "tingling, warmth and weakness in the face, temples, upper back, neck and arms" on more than one occasion.

The FDA does not regulate this poison and claims that it is harmless for human consumption, and it has a multitude of disguises.

* Food Additives that ALWAYS contain MSG *
Monosodium Glutamate
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Hydrolyzed Protein
Hydrolyzed Plant Protein
Plant Protein Extract
Sodium Caseinate
Calcium Caseinate
Yeast Extract
Textured Protein (Including TVP)
Autolyzed Yeast
Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
Corn Oil
Malt Extract
Malt Flavoring
Bouillon
Broth
Stock
Flavoring
Natural Flavors/Flavoring
Natural Beef Or Chicken Flavoring
Seasoning
Spices
* Food Additives That MAY Contain MSG Or Excitotoxins *
Carrageenan
Enzymes
Carrageenan
Enzymes
Soy Protein Concentrate
Soy Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Concentrate

PLEASE READ LINKS
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.natural-health-restored.com/dangers-of-msg.html
http://www.truthinlabeling.org/
http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/msg.html
http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/dietbad/32
http://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item1225

·
Registered
76 Posts
I eliminated MSG from my diet last year and it has helped my overall health so much. MSG is in all fast foods except Arby's, which is a bummer. But it allows the fast food industry to use a lower quality product and still get people hooked on it. Man, I miss those mashed potato bowls at KFC!
Most things flavored as 'ranch' or 'sour cream and onion', ranch dressing, that kind of thing, have msg. And yes, Ramen and most chicken flavor powders. Although, it might be the flavor packet in the Ramen that has the MSG and not the noodles themselves. I'll look that one up. Good luck.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Some people have problems with MSG, most do not. Like issues of salt in your diet, there is no reason to restrict unless you have good reason to believe that a PARTICULAR substance is causing you problems.

·
Para Bellum
3,855 Posts
I've eaten at least one pack of Ramen every day for several years, but then again, I use about 1/4 or less of the packet, and a lot of hot sauce.
Just be careful with the seasoning and ramen is good.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Make your own soup base and forget the packet.

Just rinse the noodles out to get rid of the wax.

You don't want to be eating wax everyday.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
msg affects almost no one. when a blind study was done they opened a chinese resturant. fed people and said sorry our chef included msg. some freaked out and started to have these symptoms. 90% of them weren't given any msg.
I have been experiencing these symptoms for quite a while even before i knew about the dangers of MSG. There are over 115 science studies on how dangerous MSG is, it chemically induces your body to produce unnatural levels of insulin.

If you really want to freak out check the side effects of "aspartame". In almost all so called "diet" sodas and foods.
Gotta hate donald rumsfeld for the aspertame.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
msg affects almost no one. when a blind study was done they opened a chinese resturant. fed people and said sorry our chef included msg. some freaked out and started to have these symptoms. 90% of them weren't given any msg.
If you can't show a source for this study, then I'm inclined to believe that you pulled it out of your a$$.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Like you stated, the food industry has gotten REALLY CREATIVE in re-naming MSG so that you do not know what it is. "Modified Food Starches" are another.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
If you really want to freak out check the side effects of "aspartame". In almost all so called "diet" sodas and foods.
NO, if you really want to FREAK out check on the side effects of even common OTC medicines such as tylenol and asprin, or those of the most prescribed medicines such as Statins, and acid reducers. And while you are at it look at peanuts and everything else that everyone has all of sudden become allergic too.

I went to school with thousands of other kids and not once was there a student that was allergic to peanuts, we lived on PB&J's, but then all of a sudden we can't have any peanut products in schools, kids are allergic to wheat products etc. 95% of all of this is BS and mass hysteria.

·
Banned
1,290 Posts
You guys are scaring me. Are you saying that our government doesn't have our best interest in mind when giving these substances the green light for the masses???

My god, what's next, evidence based medications?

·
SHTF Survivalist
256 Posts
I was eating like 3 a day. I started to have major headaches and dysrhythmias. This is a good post. I used to think I was eating some healthy noodles and broth boy was I wrong.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I was eating like 3 a day. I started to have major headaches and dysrhythmias. This is a good post. I used to think I was eating some healthy noodles and broth boy was I wrong.
More than likely not MSG or anything wrong with Ramen it was probably from poor nutrition caused by an unbalanced diet, no fruits and veggies,no dairy, little to no protein. Remember how many sailors died from scurvy because of lack of certain vitamins.

Get real people it more likely you are not eating healthy than anything that is in the food. Remember aluminum pans cause birth defects and that chocolate causes acne, junk science to scare the gullible.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts