Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new report by the U.S. Army War College talks about the possibility of Pentagon resources and troops being used should the economic crisis lead to civil unrest, such as protests against businesses and government ...This story comes to us via Homeland Security - National Terror Alert. National Terror Alert is America's trusted source for homeland security news and information.

More...

·
Oath Keeper
173 Posts
At this time I dont think their is anything special going on in terms of training for LEO's. LEO's do get basic training for civil unrest on a yearly basis and inservices throughout the year. So yes "they are always prepared". It makes no difference in training if it is a group upset at a bar over an arrest and they take to the streets or people taking to the streets because of an food/economic problem the training is the same.

Disperse the crowd, arrest trouble makers and arrest as few people as possible.

Flag2442

·
storm clouds on the horiz
662 Posts
At this time I dont think their is anything special going on in terms of training for LEO's. LEO's do get basic training for civil unrest on a yearly basis and inservices throughout the year. So yes "they are always prepared". It makes no difference in training if it is a group upset at a bar over an arrest and they take to the streets or people taking to the streets because of an food/economic problem the training is the same.

Disperse the crowd, arrest trouble makers and arrest as few people as possible.

Flag2442
It's the part about using the military against citizens... spefically prohibited in the constitution.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Marines get riot control and other training for various missions other than combat as part of the MEU work up.

National Guard can be called by the Governors to be used for Law Enforcement and civil unrest.

Do you seriously think there is not plan on what to do in mass disturbances?
There has always been a plan.

Reactions: Herd Sniper

·
662 Posts
*cough* I KNEW this was an old post *cough* I, uh, just thought, that with the riot in London... *cough*

Ok! Ok! My bad! I did not check the date! :) :)

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Marines get riot control and other training for various missions other than combat as part of the MEU work up.

National Guard can be called by the Governors to be used for Law Enforcement and civil unrest.

Do you seriously think there is not plan on what to do in mass disturbances?
There has always been a plan.
they taking classes in LTL shotgun loads now?

No offense but I never cared for marines being used for crowd control. they fight wars- HARD. LE ops seems to be an absolutely different mindset.

Reactions: chaosofcreation

·
Those were the days....
4,542 Posts
It's the part about using the military against citizens... spefically prohibited in the constitution.
The Constitution? That old thing?! Since when has that stopped Uncle Sam from doing.....anything?!

Yeah, dont think for a second that if they felt threatened they would hesitate to use the military against civilians, and tell us it was for our own good.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,966 Posts
Funny, Napolitano isn't even Governor anymore. Oh well, so much for that.

·
662 Posts
The Constitution? That old thing?! Since when has that stopped Uncle Sam from doing.....anything?!

Yeah, dont think for a second that if they felt threatened they would hesitate to use the military against civilians, and tell us it was for our own good.
Well, that is the whole idea of the 2nd Amendment, and, President Numbnuts signed a Treaty in 2005. The Safety, Security and Prosperity Treaty with Canada and Mexico. He did it by executive order. Because he could not get it through congress.
It gives Canada and Mexico permission to move thier troops into the US if the president asks them to. It neatly avoids having to use our own military against the civilian populace as prohibited in the Constitution.
So Bush 43 gave away our sovereignty just so that whomever was in office could call in MILITARY FORCE to ensure that there is no "forced regime change".
By definition, in the face of widespread insurrection, it is time for a regime change because the GOVERNED POPULATION is no longer satisfied with the people GOVERNING.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Ahhhh, Grasshopper, think back through time. Think. Yes, Grasshopper, military troops have been used a number of times in this nation in reference to civil disturbances. Harper's Ferry. Little Rock, Arkansas, in the early 1960s. The riots about 1964 in Detroit. The use of military troops has happened both before and after the Civil War. When needed, those same troops can arrest people, put up checkpoints and even shoot to kill in some circumstances. Grasshopper, don't be so naive as to think we can't or won't do something when needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts