Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Renegade Vegan
175 Posts
I would think the markets will fall drastically today unless something miraculous happens.
Agreed, the market is going down hard today. DOW futures are already down 200 points for the opening. Who knows where it goes from there. :xeye:

Anybody here pulling their money out of the bank today?:confused:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
No, I wouldnt pull my money out right now anymore than I would sell my house in this market. Its a lose/lose situation.

Gonna wait it out till things turn around.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been thinking about it. But, pay most my bills online, so would need to redirect that first. Getting to be bill paying time, unfortunately. Will take out a bit to have on hand, however. Basically, as much as I think I would need for last minute preps.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I wouldnt pull my money out right now anymore than I would sell my house in this market. Its a lose/lose situation.

Pretty sure he meant pull money out of bank. That is, cash from savings/checking. Not investments. I agree, investments are on their own right now. Don't want to even look at them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
JPMorgan gobbled them up for pennies. Seem like the banks that did things right are making a killing.

I was reading an article on Yahoo finanace that said WaMu started losing money on subprime mortgages in 2006 but didn't stop issuing them until last June. What a bunch of idiots! I hope the WaMu executives lose in all this.

My only advice is to not panic. Stick to your plan.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
MY bank, 1st convienience/national out of Killeen, TX, said theyre okay because they never lowered their standards for lending practices on mortgages. anyone else know if this may be true?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
JPMorgan gobbled them up for pennies. Seem like the banks that did things right are making a killing.

I was reading an article on Yahoo finanace that said WaMu started losing money on subprime mortgages in 2006 but didn't stop issuing them until last June. What a bunch of idiots! I hope the WaMu executives lose in all this.

My only advice is to not panic. Stick to your plan.
The CEO sure didn't lose.

He gets $20,000,000.

For three weeks of work.

:mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,428641,00.html

·
Renegade Vegan
175 Posts
Looks like the market is actually going to close up for the day. It's just really unpredictable right now. On days like this I'm almost happy to be poor and have no investments.:xeye:

·
under prepared patriot
333 Posts
If you do take your money out dont tell a soul...

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
This was asked in another thread last week http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=25486

POst #6 I was right!!!

Its not good. Just feel good to be able to predict the future correctly.

SORRY SELF GRATUITY.

I hate the fact these people keep winning at losing. WTF. We dont get paid when we (as a collective whole) quit a job. His pension should go to the equity of the investers. Does that mean the investers lost all their money??

·
Registered
922 Posts
We pulled our dough out of wamu 2 months ago, walked across the street to a different bank along with 3 other customers.

Its getting ugly out there !:eek:

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
The funny thing is that my husband and I had JUST had a discussion about this yesterday. I said to him "Honey, do you think that our money is safe in Chase right now with everything going on?" What happened with WaMu is proof enough for me that at this present time Chase is a safe place to have my money. When I stop seeing Chase buying out all of the companies that go under, then I'll pull my money out and really start looking for something a little more stable to put my cash into....for that would mean that we are truly going under.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts

Thank you for some comon sense.. I wouldn't jump off a moving roller coaster. Believe it or not the economy is still growing. Slow, but growing. Just because these morgage companies made bad decisions does not mean the world is coming to an end. The Dow closed up 121 points.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Thank you for some comon sense.. I wouldn't jump off a moving roller coaster. Believe it or not the economy is still growing. Slow, but growing. Just because these morgage companies made bad decisions does not mean the world is coming to an end. The Dow closed up 121 points.
Doesn't it strike you as odd that we are in possibly the greatest financial crisis in modern human history and the market closes up? Can you say market manipulation?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts