Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Interesting. Have you actually seen one? To see how sturdy tank is. This does not sound like filters are for making water potable. But other brand filters often are interchangeable.

·
Michigander
563 Posts
Interesting. Have you actually seen one? To see how sturdy tank is. This does not sound like filters are for making water potable. But other brand filters often are interchangeable.
Similar thoughts.
If the container is decent you can always put a known filter brand as replacement if unhappy with the water quality.

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
4,971 Posts
Product details

This water filter system with a removable filter can help effectively remove the impurities to provide , water. It is perfect for outdoor emergency, camping, hiking, backpacking, etc.

Features:
11 liters large capacity, with fast rate up to 1.5 liters per hour.
Last for up to 6,000 gallons of and drinking water before needing replacement, super economical.
Walmeck Gravity Water Filter System Water Filtration Bucket Requires no power to purify , untreated water from remote lakes and streams.
Removes small particles and impurities, reduces turbidity and improves taste.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Coming from Shenzen, China, I would suspect the the filter contains heavy metals. If Berkey filters fit then thats not a bad price for the tank. Hopefully the spigot isn't a piece of crapola.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
A lot of junk comes from china, as it once did from japan. But look how much of our pharmaceuticals and base stocks come from china, they must do some things right. I heard China produces more honor graduate engineers than the us does engineers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sure, but how big of a bribe did they pay for the honors?

Low flow rate, but still seems way too good to be true. I'd want to see how sturdy the tank was before buying it. And then probably replace them with reputable filters.

·
Registered
734 Posts
It looks like a copy of a big Berky. I bought the filters online and made a water filtration system out of two food grade 5 gallon plastic buckets. I bought a bulkhead online and screwed in a 1/2 inch valve in bottom bucket. Total cost was less that $50.00 and it works great.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I put one in my cart to save it, so I can go back later and research.
kctgb, the bucket deal sounds interesting.

I'm thinking of using some Brita knockoff filters in a bucket. Use them after a filtering of rock, sand, charcoal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts