Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on vacation at Bethany Beach MD and, as I always do, went to check prices of ammo at Walmart. I asked the manager about .22 and he told me starting Monday (Aug 22nd 2016) that Walmart is taking them out of the system. Not sure is this is US wide but thought I would give the heads up.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
I just got 3, 325 round boxes (limit 3) of Federal Target .22LR for $17 and, some change, each at our Walmart.

Al

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts
I picked up a box of 555 rounds a week or so ago at Walmart. I won't believe the words of one manager that I don't even know unless confirmed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The local Wallyworld here JUST got .22LR in [no more than a month ago]. Since we are rural, even though in NY, I am pretty sure that they will begin carrying it again.
No big boxes, just 100rd boxes, but it is better than the NOTHING that they have had for the last 3-4 years.
I would support the LGS but they want 10c or more per round [compared to 7c reg price and 5c sale price at Wallyworld].

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
Four years after Sandy Hook, and there are still supply and availability problems at Walmart. Doesn't matter if something is sold below market **if they never have any on-shelf**!! Why can't a multi-billion dollar corporation and its managers understand that general public don't want to stand in line at 6am on particular days, waiting for the firearms counter to open, just to maybe get 3 boxes of 22LR? If Walmart had just let the price float, all supplies issues would go away, and they'd likely make lots more money. Supply and demand; basic free enterprise. Totally self-correcting, and prices would probably have recorrected years ago.

As it's was/is, I gave up looking for 22LR at Walmart, and went to online sources instead. Idiots.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
+1

Our Wal-marts have not had any routine, consistent availability of .22 LR since 2012.

Every time I check, they're out. They may be getting small amounts, but if so its gone almost as soon as it hits the shelves. It is ridiculous.

·
Trump=WhiteObama=BlkBush
10,176 Posts
If Walmart stops carrying 22LR prices will go through the ceiling.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I haven't seen any at my local wal-marts in ages... I walk past every time I'm in one. Been on the lookout for CCI minimags for a while. I'm getting below 1,000 rounds so I'm in need!

·
Super Moderator
14,589 Posts
The only thing I can find about Walmart to stop selling 22 is a link to a forum on gunandgame and.. funny enough. this thread.

The gunandgame link is from sept 2015.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Three guys own a LGS in a ritzy area of town, they all three show up at wallyworld and buy the 22s out to sell in their store. Slime balls, so our store never has any, so I will never know if it even changes.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts