Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
There are few items I buy at Walmart. I don't like the supercenters. They can track the devices immediately at our apt dumpster and the landfill. Have fun.
Edit: I don't buy their clothes. It's not worth the money IMO.

·
Deus exsisto laus
3,963 Posts
If it was such a big , dark, evil conspiracy, why would the information be so widely disseminated? It has many positive applications. It is a more cost effective means of inventory control,saving the company money and those savings can then be passed onto the consumers. If it keeps the shelves stocked more effectively, that again benefits the consumer. If people have privacy concerns, there are easy ways of defeating them. In fact, a person could have some fun messing w/ Big Brother , if he was actually spying on us. Pull all the tags off the garments in the parking lot, place them in a wallyworld plastic bag,drive off and pitch them in a local dumpster. If you see walmart employees or criminals,w/ scanners,chasing garbage trucks, you will know the jig is up! Better yet, take the tags BACK INSIDE THE STORE and throw them in a bathroom trash bin! For those of you with a dark streak, you could take the tags back into the store concealed in your pocket and insert them into other products on the shelves!That could stir things up,inventory wise!:D: For every advance in technology, there will be a corresponding advance in counter technology. Were I to purchase a product in Target w/ a chip in it, and walk into Walmart, the chip will tell Walmart inventory about a product that may not even be carried by the store, now what? Imagine 100 radio stations, broadcasting on the same frequency, but each broadcasting their own individual programming. It would make radio in operable. Clearly, there HAS to be a method of distinguishing your chips from someone else,or the system creates chaos. I won't be too worried about it until we are forced to have a chip implanted in our foreheads or right hands. TP

·
Registered
589 Posts
Walmart is planning to put RFIDs in their clothing. Great article that goes over the whole story. Just another way "big brother" will be watching.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...3213061198090.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/MK-BE755A_WALTA_G_20100722185217.jpg
Not in the clothing. The article says that the removable RFID's will be attached to tags on the clothing. Anyway, a short trip in the microwave will kill any RFID.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts