Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walmart in Leland NC has been told by Remington & Winchester that they will not recieve any ammo shipments. Shelves were bone ass dry. I got 400 rounds of 9mm and 45. No 38 special or 357. Heads Up.

Next time at Walmart please ask em about stocking ammo and getting food into the store?

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Walmart in Leland NC has been told by Remington & Winchester that they will not recieve any ammo shipments. Shelves were bone ass dry. I got 400 rounds of 9mm and 45. No 38 special or 357. Heads Up.

Next time at Walmart please ask em about stocking ammo and getting food into the store?

Oh crap ! Southport store has ammo today but did not see a sales person to talk to about it.

·
Registered
171 Posts

hope this is just a mix up or fluke time of scarcity other wise this might be a beginning of something.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Also the Shalotte NC store down the road still had lots of ammo. I will not get a chance to go back in the Southport store until Thursday but will talk to the guy in sporting goods that I know.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
5.56 ammo is very hard to find now and .223 sells out quickly at Bass Pro. I was there today and all they had was a few boxes of Remington .223 50gr HP.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
liberal ks.

the liberal ks. wallyworld is very very low on ammo...maybe 5-10% rifle and pistal...but lots of shotgun...0.0% .22....not a single round

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Look my mine-friends...

I firmly believe this ammo/gun purchase panic will not subside.

As the waves of bad economic news pours in during the oncomming weeks and months, availability of ammo, guns and parts will only get worse and worse.

Insurance is just that--it's an extra cost, but you do need it.

So if you have to go out of the way (like a weekend drive to another state), or pay a few extra bucks, or try and make it to that gunshow--you should do it.

The lid cannot be contained upon the current financial problems much longer.
The real extent of the implosion will be unfolding in the comming weeks and months.
And once it all sinks in--there will be nothing to obtain.

My 2 cents worth.

T

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Tough old bird.
Took all of their ammo to keep his ass down.

ahh, but he had been allowed to go ahead and kick the Russian bears butt who would we have had to fear all those years.:xeye:

Reactions: JRNC26

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
Local Wally World has been out of .22lr ,9mm, .45pc, .30 cal, and .223 for about a month now. I asked the girl working what was going on and she said their warehouse was out waiting on more to come in. I bet the shipment will be $$$ higher.

They do still have shotgun ammo in # 7 & 8 bird shot

·
Registered
224 Posts
3 wally worlds in my area have dry shelves also, only the odd ball cal. is left on the shelf, they say they will get more in a few days but everytime i check its still bare pickings.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I firmly believe this ammo/gun purchase panic will not subside.
TAKEZO,
I hope you are wrong, but my gut tells me you are right.

I hoping for a relaxation around mid February. It seems, many people are telling me, "Obama is not going to do anything". I'm looking at it as stock purchases. Buy some every trip out regardless of price. Some will be high and some will be low, but in the end my stock will be high. I already had a friend ask me for extra when SHTF. I said:

"A$$, Grass, or Gas no body rides for free."

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

This happened today at 3:00 pm Eastern Time. The Sales Manager told me this when I said 'People buying lots of ammo?'

·
281 Posts
walmart ammo

I also tried to get some .38 special the other day at walmart. Not even one box. Asked the sales lady about it. She said they were out and didn't know when or even if the will get shipment in. Also said she sold thirteen guns day prior been extremely busy. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts