Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Kim Komando has a lot of articles about privacy and security on cell phones.

I subscribe to free e-mails on tech, and have found the site to be helpful.

YMMV

https://www.komando.com/?s=stop+google+from+spying+on+you
The first video on the list says you can't turn off location services on Android which isn't true. That video is from 2014 so it might have been true at the time but a tech site should be constantly updating the information they put out to get rid of stuff that no longer applies.

-ws

·
Deplorable Freedom Zealot
3,040 Posts
The first video on the list says you can't turn off location services on Android which isn't true. That video is from 2014 so it might have been true at the time but a tech site should be constantly updating the information they put out to get rid of stuff that no longer applies.

-ws
I did not look at list, and only did a searched komando.com
stop google from spying on you, since a member posted that it was possibly google spying on the OP.

Komando has had a nationally syndicated radio show for many years, and has good advice on her site.

I saw a news story several months ago, in which a technology reporter turned off location services on his phone.

He then proceeded to make a trip around D.C., making several stops during the morning.

Later back at the studio another tech guy pulled info that showed exactly where the reporter had been, and how long he was at those locations during that morning.

The conclusion from the report, is that turning off location services does
not really stop someone from being able to track you.

If you know of a way to stop tracking for sure, then share it here.

·
Deplorable Freedom Zealot
3,040 Posts

-ws

Pull down on right allows info sorted by date.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If you know of a way to stop tracking for sure, then share it here.
All I can think of is switching to a satellite phone. The area where to search for is a lot bigger than cellular towers, which can be used to triangulate location somewhat when coverage is good enough.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts