Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a techy,barely know how to use my cell phone,I ain't married to it.Never in my pocket,it sits in the car,or on my desk,mainly listen to Pandora on it.

Ran to wal mart this morning,left it in the car.Grabbed a few things,paid cash at the self checkout.

Left,got about 5 blocks away and my phone dinged sitting on the seat where I left it.
Message"how would you rate your shopping experience at supercenter XXXX"

I've shopped online using my computer,maybe I had to enter my cell number for delivery..can't remember...but somehow they must be able to track it?

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,196 Posts
It is indeed creepy and a big reason I have no smartphone. I am keeping my old RazrV3m until Verizon kicks me off.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cook

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
Walmart can't even track and keep employees working. Walmart is the last company I would worry about. They have a manager responsible for loss-management. He hardly leaves home. He is responsible for 5 stores with a company car. Everyone always thinks he is at another store or in between. He does take trips allegedly to lead classes. LOL

·
Super Moderator
65,834 Posts
It is indeed creepy and a big reason I have no smartphone. I am keeping my old RazrV3m until Verizon kicks me off.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I'm with you on that. I didn't want a smart phone. I'd have gladly kept my old 2008 flip phone till it's dying day. But I had no choice. It's the only option I have for internet right now. Ran my damn phone bill over $100 a month. Ridiculous!

·
Super Moderator
65,834 Posts
It's probably from using your number on the website. Even more so if you paid with the same card at the store that you use on the site.

·
Registered
8,601 Posts
Of course they're tracking you and everyone else. Information is King (as in cash). The money they get from selling your info is most likely miniscule to what you bought in the store. We are all cattle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It’s not Walmart monitoring you..... it’s Google
You have your location turned on. So Google is recording all of your travels.
Very true. Have you ever noticed just talking about something near your phone, not on the phone, just near it. Later you get messages, or ads on sites about what you were talking about! Google is everywhere!

·
reluctant sinner
16,674 Posts
Every checkout counter has a camera - masks might help defeat facial recognition. The cards in you wallet can be scanned unless shielded. License plate scanner in the parking lot entrances?

Hard to stay hidden in a woke world.

Minority Repot - future crimes unit is the wet dream of the 3 letter gubernment agencies

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
Look folks, there is little we do on our phones and computers that is not saved or fit into one or more algorithms. There is nothing we can do about it other than beware, i mean be wary, of it.

So some one should start a new thread about avoiding all this how, when and why.

·
statists' be statin'
3,327 Posts
I've done some google advertising for my business. Ads cost money so I don't want to show ads to people who won't buy. I can tell google to only show my ads to people when they are within 3 miles of my store or if they are in my parking lot. I haven't seen the option for satisfaction polls based on location but Walmart probably gets services that little businesses like mind don't.

I'm certain this was advertising that Walmart purchased from Google. You need to find every instance of google tracking your location and turn it all off - and then lots of stuff won't work on your phone. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts