Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a slow day at work today and decided to go put a few rounds down range. I brought my newly acquired Vz61 Skopion in .32 Auto and a couple others for some trigger time.

I set up four targets at about 10 yards, all on the same target stand. The Skorpion came with one 10 round and two 20 round mags. This was convenient since I only had 50 rounds to shoot. Mags are easy to load since it is only .32 and I took the two 20 rnds and taped them together(jungle clipped) for more on hand ammo.

The guns controls are easy to manipulate having the safety on the left side, right above the thumb, although the safety lever is plastic and somewhat sharp until you get the feel on where to push it. To cock the pistol it requires a similiar movement as pulling a slide back on any auto. There are two small knobs on each side of the reciever that need to be grasped/pinched and pulled back. The gun has a last shot bolt open but no slide release, after a loaded mag goes in, just pull the knobs back a hair and let go. Mags are dropped by using the weak hands thumb and pulling straight down.

The ammo I used was Magtech 71 grn FMC, just your standard ball ammo. I shot the 10 rnd clip and found the sights, which are labeled 75 and 150 to be dead on at the 10 yrd mark! This pistol has a top eject and reminds you of this as it rains down random brass right in front of you, although once you realize it, it's not a bother.

I figured I would try for accuracy with the first 30 rounds and found it shooting at about 3.5 inches offhand. It will probably do better had I taken my time more. The gun almost wants to be fired with two hands due to the forward mag but controlling the little .32 in that gun is easy. Every round is going on paper no matter how fast you pull the trigger and that was part of the original idea behind the gun anyhow.

Finally I flipped and stuffed the remaining 20 rndr in and did some fast double taps, then finished off with unloading the last ten with some authority. I really want to shoot this gun from the hip, maybe next time. Although with only 50 rounds down range I can say there were no malfunctions and the gun shot true center at short range. Hopefully I can bring a variety of ammo out and possibly try some HP's for functioning next time. I am quite pleased with the gun and love its cool factor, even other people at the range asked about it. :thumb:

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Very cool. I spotted one of these a few weeks ago on a site and I would really like to get one. Haven't found any sort of reviews on it though, so this is very helpful. Look forward to more updates.

·
Registered
559 Posts
What type of shooting gloves did you wear to tame the recoil? :)

I think you may have one of the only online reviews right now.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The round is weak on that gun but the recoil so light and, at least the full auto ones, the rate of fire so high that you should have no trouble getting several rounds on target. It would be nice if they had higher cap magazines, but considering how small it is it's a win-win. Great gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts