Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, hope you're having a kewl xmas

Any Fellow Canadians on here? more specifically, any VZ 58 owners?

Me and my friends are going to register for our PAL this weekend. I've pretty much decided im getting a VZ58/CZ858 but i have a question about the restricted and non restricted versions.

other then the fact the restricted version has a shorter barrel, i want to know more about the chrome lined barrel. i know it supposedly makes the gun more durable, but my question is it a noticable difference to the non restricted, which has no chrome barrel?

Part of the reason im getting my gun is because i want some kind of insurance policy for SHTF. and if the chrome barrel makes a difference then id rather get that rather then get a gun id have to take apart and clean everytime i shoot it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I happen to have the CZ858 and love it. It is very accurate, has a 18.7" barrel that is not chromed. No big deal. It is supposedly more accurate than the chromed version. Maybe it is. Don't buy the VZ58 in Canada as it is restricted and can only be used on the range. Get the 858. More durable? Maybe if you shot tens of thousands of rounds. Clean it immediately after using and keep it clean and lubed and it will outlast you.. I live in SK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts