Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to get a Vulture II as a GHB/BOB. Where can I get the best deal? Are there better options?

·
Professional Amateur
284 Posts
I think I am going to get a Vulture II as a GHB/BOB. Where can I get the best deal? Are there better options?
Just start looking, amazon, buy.com, overstock.com, ebay, cabellas, bassproshop, on and on. I've heard nexttag.com compares a bunch of sites and you click through to get the best price.

Good luck!

D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine through Amazon. If you get on Maxpedition's email list, sometimes they will send you deals where you can get 2 or 3 more items for free with a purchase of X amount. Its usually stuff like a dump pouch, or flashlight holder but cool all the same.

Amazon is gonna run you around $140 whereas the Maxpedition site will be about $10 more, so if you want to wait a while and see if you can get one of those deals, I'd say go to Maxpedition, but if you want it now, I'd suggest Amazon.

Great choice, by the way. I love my Vulture II.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Personally, I like my Maxpedition Vulture II. It could use some more external pouches, but with all of the webbing, that should not be an issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Big +1 on the Vulture II.. i have 1 year of hard use in the Canadian Wilderness on mine and its still in 100% condition. (read TANK) Im an addon/pouch addict and got many for any circonstance when needed.

Love that bag!

Any suggestion for a good "big enough" pouch that would strap on the bottom (and save space inside when bigger expedition).. maybe something that could fit a sleeping bag.. and protect its content when i drop the bag on the ground. (i dont want to just tie something on the webbing). There was a discussion on that a few months ago than i cant find but im open for suggestion from Vulture-II owners!

·
Nature is My Medicine
446 Posts
Bumping this thread to see if anyone ever found a good pouch to attach to the bottom of the Vulture II.

In the post before mine, DocBurn asked:

"Any suggestion for a good "big enough" pouch that would strap on the bottom (and save space inside when bigger expedition).. maybe something that could fit a sleeping bag.. and protect its content when i drop the bag on the ground. (i dont want to just tie something on the webbing). There was a discussion on that a few months ago than i cant find but im open for suggestion from Vulture-II owners!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts