Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Men and woman have died for the right to vote. Why then do so many of you chose not to vote?

Is it because you are not getting your way?

Is it because you are making a political statement?

Is it because you are really that lazy?

I wanted to post a poll on who is voting and who isnt but I dont know how to add one.

Any help on this would be apreciated.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
I vote, but not because I believe any of the lying sacks of **** running for office.

I use it as a strategic move, to try and make sure Democrats do not get elected.

I know some that don't vote I have a simple message-

If you aren't voting then you cannot bitch when they come for you.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I once believed I could change things through voting and political action, but I saw that 99% of the others didn't have a clue what is going on. I refuse to vote any more. It legitimatizes their corrupt system and I want no part of it.

I haven't given up entirely though. I educate people when I can and after a collapse I will be thre to help pick up the pieces. I think people will need a shock to their system before they'll start to see whats happening right in front of them.

·
Victory Loves Preparation
576 Posts
I have voted in every election, city, county, state and federal election since I turned 18. I will continue until I die.

Then the democrats with still have me vote...

·
Registered
843 Posts
My husband and I have missed one election since we turned 18. My baby had a dr. appointment 6 hours away and we didn't think traffic would be as bad as it was. We got back just after the polls closed. We take our kids with us when we vote. We talk about how important it is as a citizen. Gotta start young!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Because until August 26th 1920 women didn't have that right.

It just goes to prove that when a group truly wants change, and they fight for it, it can be accomplished.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
My opinion is that people who don't vote are lazy, apathetic or both. Whenever I encounter someone who boasts about never voting I avoid them....whatever they have could be contagious.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I vote.

I have been voting ever since I was 18.

As for the non-voters. That I would call bad practice.

Those who would complain but not vote. From them, less said the better.

Those who suggest that their vote only if their vote made a difference. they should grow up. Or try to understand that people voting is at the heart of what a democracy is all about.

Those who are cynical and disillusioned and not vote. They should understand the extent they still have skin in the process. In short, they should smarten up.

Those who believe they have better things to do and not vote. They should understand they really have nothing better to do. There are consequences to not voting. They should wise up and smell the coffee.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I vote. But in all honesty I see it primarily as an act of protest. I no longer truly believe that the "results" we are given have much of anything to do with the choices we actually make at the polls. But I vote anyway, just in case I'm wrong. I can see why others who feel as I do that the system is rigged might not bother.

I also vote anti-establishment. The only way I will vote for either a republican or democrat any more is if those are the -only- two choices, and the other guy is incumbent.
Of course I also think that uncontested races should be required to offer a "no confidence" vote option.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Men and woman have died for the right to vote. Why then do so many of you chose not to vote?

I wanted to post a poll on who is voting and who isnt but I dont know how to add one.

None of the above. I don't vote because the government runs on trying to use force and violence to solve social problems and I don't participate in systems like that. Sure I can vote to try to get my taxes a little lower or try to be a little more free, but I can't choose to have no taxes or be totally free. It's a suggestion box for slaves. The candidates never do what they say they will anyway.

Why do you vote?

·
DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN
207 Posts
I don't vote.

I feel it's my right to vote or choose not to vote. The more involved I am politically, the more stress and anger I recieve. That's something I honestly don't need.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
the choices are made before the primaries. we the people have no say anymore. and haven't for a very long time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I vote but must admit I tend to vote more at the local level then the national level. I know i will get yelled at but i don't truly believe an individual who votes on the national level actually counts for anything, especially when you live in one of the states that only have 1 or 2 electorit ( spelling) vote, I really feel sorry for the folk in the western time zone and hawaii and alaska when most of the time the elections are called way before their polls close

·
Bravo Zulu
13,133 Posts

I live in Australia, the only English speaking country in the world where voting is compulsory and where you can be imprisoned for not appearing to vote.

I don't have the right to vote.

When it comes time to vote, I break the law and pay the fine. Should I vote for someone who doesn't represent my interests? Should I just vote for someone, anyone, just to appease those who think that everyone must vote and that voting is a true measure of the will of the people?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts