Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...Im new to the forums. Thx for having me. I am putting togther an EDC/BOB and recently bought the Voodoo Tactical Level 3 Assault Pack. I am not to sure about the quality. I am thinking of returning it and going with the Maxpedition Falcon 2 which seems to be of much better quality. Also maybe the Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger. Any opinions on quality?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Voodoo Tactical is cheaper and Maxpedition is better made but they will both work for you.

The Vulture II is the better pack out of all the 3 Day Assault Packs available. I have looked at them all, and prejudice aside, I think that's the better one. As soon as I get home I am sending $ off for one but I am still going to keep my Blackhawk, too.

A couple of other folks have written reviews on the Falcon II. It's a good pack but I like the Vulture II better as it holds more and is better set up for a Bug Out.

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
Personally, I think the Maxpedition Condor II is a better pack then the Falcon II. The Falcon II is a good pack, but if your going to be on a full 2+ day hiking/camping trip, the falcon II seems a little "small".

A lot of it depends on "what" your going to be doing with the pack, hot weather hiking/camping, or cold weather, or somewhere in between.

I have never used the Voodoo Tactical Level 3 Assault Pack, but I have used both the Falcon II and the Condor II.

The Condor II seems like its built for shorter people. The Falcon II seems to be a little longer and wear a little better then the Condor II.

The Vulture II on the other hand is a larger pack - but one of the problems I had, my nylon straps would not go through the loops on the bottom of the pack. That means that I could not strap anything to the bottom. I sent an email to maxpedition about this, but never heard anything back.

This video video about the vulture II was made before I discovered the loop problem

·
I live this form
12,202 Posts
I have two Voodoo Tactical soft cases. Both have been bullet-proof for me. That being said, I've never considered the "Three day assault" sized bags to be big enough for regular camping/BOB.

I've never owned maxpedition gear, but for the price for a Vulture II pack, you could buy two Condor 3 Day Assualt packs. I think the Condor pack is actually bigger, and Condor is a VERY good brand.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/1253-daysassaultpack.aspx

Also comes in Multicam.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/125-0083-dayassaultpack.aspx

·
Registered
906 Posts
I spent two hours re-sewing a half dozen places on two Voodoo bags where the stitching came loose. Never again. Maxpedition is better.

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
Maxpedition all the way, Im a true junkie. But it all comes down to what you can afford really. There are awsome manufacturers out there. Tactical Tailor, Mystery Ranch, Tad Gear.

Look around, and try to find dealers so you can actually get touchy feely with the stuff.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Personally I would not touch voodoo. It is cheap mass produced crap. If you want to go with a cheaper bag go condor, but then, condor can be crap is well. Maxpedition is the way to go! I buy all of my bags from Maxpedition and if Maxpedition does not make it, you probably don't need it! Voodoo stitching sucks big time. Some of the stitching I have seen on Voodoo, looks like a 2 year old was doing the sewing. Where as the maxpedition is all double stitched, sometimes triple stitched, and will out live you. Also the pockets on a maxped are amazing. There are so many, you will be finding new ones every day for 2 months, and they are very innovative. The ways maxped positions the pockets and the ways the purposes of some of the pockets are spot on. In fact, if you have a CCW, almost every maxped comes with a special pocket that allows you to conceal a handgun. You won't regret maxpedition!

·
Banned
16 Posts
Don't buy condor! Horrible brand! Before I knew about he quality brands out there, I bought one of these vests and packs and my local gun show. Horrible, my AR mag puches started to ripp after a few times o putting clips in and out of their pouches. And the backpack!!! Someone please tell me how this is even possible?!? I used to use it when I would have to go on buisness to Vegas. And I freaking pulled off the whole freaking zipper, justr trying to zip up the bag. I couldnt bilieve it, I've never seen a pack do that before. Now I use Voodoo. I'm not too big of a maxpedition fan. Great eqip just kinda looks o euro for me with that one strap system.

Btw OP, go crossfit!

·
Forewarned is Forearmed
949 Posts
Maxpedition Rocks.......... I have the Vulture II in digital camo... Bombproof. I also have many many other maxpedition packs and cases and the are all so well made and well thought out. Love all of them...... I wish they made a full size backpak around 5000 CI.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
I have a LA Police Gear (3) three day pack I bought from LA Police Gear 511 on clearance for $25.99.
Seems to be well made it will be a knock around bag maybe a BOB or a GHB I will decide after I play with it for a while.
XR750
PS LA Police Gear also has the
Eberlestock Gunslinger Rifle Backpack - NEW CLOSEOUT $179.99
Good price for pack

·
Armed Border Collie
5,901 Posts
I have a few packs and I have purchased a few that I have given away after finding they just didn't feel right due to size or quality of construction. My current favorite is a Maxpedition Condor-II hydration pack in olive green with a different mouthpiece for the water tube. I have a civilian style Kelty pack in black for air travel and a Tru-Spec GI 3-day pack in multi-cam in my Cherokee. All of these are well constructed and do their duty but are all limited in size, either too big for quick tactical "look-see's" or too small for more than 3 days out. I have a Real Tree camo 3-day for hunting, the material is extremely quiet, but would not last very long in a tactical situation. The Maxpedition Noatak Gearslinger tactical pack is great for a gear bag to take when you want to get out and spend a few hours surveying your surroundings. The one I have is in foliage green (Real light gray-green). I have had the opportunity to try some at the gun shows, this is a good way to try versus buying online.

·
Registered
291 Posts
once my voodoo 3 day bag hit 75 lbs, i had to tie the straps back on, lost them both due to clasp failure, but that's a pretty big weight for that bag

·
Custom User Title
2,969 Posts
Voodoo gear is a cheaper version of maxpedition, but they still make good products. If you can afford maxpedition then get it, but you wont be disappointed with voodoo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts