Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another forum I'm on here in Canada one of the members lives in Shanghai and he's just posted this..

Indeed. We were scheduled to open up the office tomorrow, but HR wants us to wait another week. The air quality index (AQI) also started to suck this past week, which I gather is from factories starting to come back online. Restaurants are starting to open up dining rooms and more restaurants are appearing in the online delivery app. Likewise more stores open in the malls. One month in and life inching back towards normal - my next big concern is what degree of an enduring hit are global markets going to take?

Im trying to get more info currently

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
The CCP is forcing people to go back to work and open up business. At one point, 2/3 of CCP small businesses were closed due to lack of workers showing up for work. In the US, small business accounts for 99% of all businesses.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MY QUESTION

So has the virus been slowed/subdued/stopped?
Whats the word on the street regarding casualties?
I find it hard to believe its business as usual....?

HIS REPLY

Thus the ‘inching’. The measures taken here are unlike anything I have ever seen. Most buildings no longer just take temperature (I gather if you fail a temperature check, the authorities are being called), they are logging who and when, and now rolling out a city wide QR health code system that is linked to your cell - so I gather if you become linked with somewhere or someone involved in an infection - your code will fail upon scan and you will be denied entry into pretty much anywhere until checked out and cleared(?). My QR code is ‘Green’ at this point. I have counterparts at the office who were red due to travel through Hubei province before the lockdown, they have since turned ‘Green’.

If an apartment compound has a confirmed case, it is locked down hard - no in or out for two weeks (deliveries dropped off - everyone gets food delivered here for the most part). Sounds like similar for businesses, one confirmed case in an office - everyone to self Q for two weeks at home.

Are there going to be flare ups of a few people here and there, certainly. Is it going to become Wuhan - unlikely. The city had reportedly 300-ish cases with a fatality or three (I haven’t heard of or seen anyone sick). A virus centric hospital has already been built with a few hundred beds in anticipation of people returning to work. Oh that’s another thing, no city residence or city work permit - can’t enter.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
If Singapore has ACTUALLY been able to limit/control spread that would be encouraging news. Additional reliable info is needed though as it would be the only place in the world that has done so. S. Korea certainly has not been able to do so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts