Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Virginia Tech Locked Down; Reports of Gunman on Campus

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loc...orts-of-gunman-on-campus-080411#ixzz1U4Txc300

Virginia Tech is reporting a gunman on campus.
The university issued an alert on its website at 9:37 a.m. Thursday telling students and employees to stay inside and secure doors.
The alert says the gunman was reported near Dietrick Hall.
No other details are immediately available.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Methinks this/next time around a few students are packing heat so they dont get sucker punched again.

·
Indefatigable
21,113 Posts
Most of my family works for a large university. There are very few students on campus right now. It won't be the students who are packing, if anything it will be the employees. First report I heard said the witnesses stated the man was carrying a pistol, and then it was possibly a sawed off shotgun. But covered by a white cloth? This dosen't make much sense. In the summertime the university makes its money off "camps". The news stated that it was the campers who saw the suspect. At least at our university, campers are usually midteen trust fund babies with too much time on their hands. If there is an actual gunman, then I hope he is caught before he can do any damage. IMO, it could just be bored kids, trying to stir up a little excitment, it wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
one station is saying it was reported by "juveniles"... hope this was nothing more than a couple of punk kids trying to get noticed...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3:05p ET: UPDATE — Virginia Tech says the campus alert has been lifted and the university can resume normal activity.

Thankfully it seems this time nothing has happened

1 - 7 of 7 Posts