Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Buying a registerd gun in the face of impending bans is not very smart, Maybe these folks believe the poppycock about the purchase registration forms would be not available to would be confiscators.

If sales that can be COUNTED are up 300% think of how much uncountable gun sales are up.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
What is a registered gun? In NY that would be a handgun. Serial number on license and sent into the state. Long guns and receivers, serial number on a paper NICS copy at the LGS. LGS does NICS on computer? Still no serial numbers transmitted. Is it possible to track? Yes, but not easily or magically.

Now you may send serial number in for warranty or insurance. Your choice.

I suspect with the number of guns and the amount of ammo out of stock, VA is not the only state. My sales rep tells me their company is being hammered with orders. Me, I am working hard at getting lots of legal items in and stocked. What is legal now seems can be redefined quickly. What has for decades been safe and acceptable is somehow turned into scarey, reprehensible and felonious.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Buying a registerd gun in the face of impending bans is not very smart, Maybe these folks believe the poppycock about the purchase registration forms would be not available to would be confiscators.

If sales that can be COUNTED are up 300% think of how much uncountable gun sales are up.
With that many guns in the possession of a freedom-loving people ... would you want to be one of the "confiscators?"

Dictators beware!

·
Registered
34,693 Posts
What is a registered gun?.
Door the purposes of this discussion: one for which a 4473 was filled out.

Yes, the ATF is not saposto take records with them...
They do.

Anne now with E file... They have them.

Some very ignorant people have claimed they aren't searchable.
A video about the process posted a few months on failed shows they are.
And let's face it, I'm not the most computer savvy person and I know it can be (technically speaking.)

14,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is a registered gun? In NY that would be a handgun. Serial number on license and sent into the state. Long guns and receivers, serial number on a paper NICS copy at the LGS. LGS does NICS on computer? Still no serial numbers transmitted. Is it possible to track? Yes, but not easily or magically.

Now you may send serial number in for warranty or insurance. Your choice.

I suspect with the number of guns and the amount of ammo out of stock, VA is not the only state. My sales rep tells me their company is being hammered with orders. Me, I am working hard at getting lots of legal items in and stocked. What is legal now seems can be redefined quickly. What has for decades been safe and acceptable is somehow turned into scarey, reprehensible and felonious.

They do.

And let's face it, I'm not the most computer savvy person and I know it can be (technically speaking.)
The Virginia State Police is the POC for firearm background approvals, via the Virginia Firearms Transaction Program, and not BATFE.

Secondly, there is a backdoor registration scheme in Virginia with purchases made through FFLs, despite what the VSP states. Firearm transactions are in fact maintained in perpetuity with the VFTP, with such being upheld by the Virginia courts.

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
And yet private gun sales are still legal for now. So go with a group and exchange them among yourselves after passing your background checks. Sell them to someone, buy something else. Mix it up and F with the system. Every thing they try to run to ground will be a dead end, a crossed up mess, not in your possession, sold to someone else, etc., etc., etc.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,695 Posts
I have heard it said that Obama was the greatest gun salesman of all time. I do not know how true this is but it would make sense that anytime something like this happens that people will go out before a law is passed and try to secure those firearms that are on the chopping block. So the problem is when you do so, you are leaving a paper trail that leads right back to you.

14,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And yet private gun sales are still legal for now. So go with a group and exchange them among yourselves after passing your background checks. Sell them to someone, buy something else. Mix it up and F with the system. Every thing they try to run to ground will be a dead end, a crossed up mess, not in your possession, sold to someone else, etc., etc., etc.
Private gun sales will still be legal, for now, but only after (if the Dem bill becomes law) a "Universal Background Check" is obtained.

Please remember:
  • "Universal Background Checks" can't work without gun registration,
  • The Virginia Firearms Transaction Program does in fact register firearms (see post 7 in this thread), and
  • Gun confiscation can't work without gun registration.

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,688 Posts
I have given up on trying to get around the backdoor registration system, tracing my online 80% purchases, illegally transferring(copying) records. Unless it is someone I know for ever, I assume that anyone trying to sell guns online is a cop.

I just buy them and resign myself to violence when they come to try and steal my property.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts

They do.

It is for this very reason I recently decided NOT to make a couple purchases. Both LGS using E4473.

Nope....have a nice day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts