Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
How much am I missing out on by not having the VIP Membership? I think we need like a free preview day or something, with some read-only privileges.
You get a picture gallery in your profile, get to customize your profile, get unlimited downloads in the downloads section (regular members are limited to 5 files in 24 hours), get access to the VIP section, get to create your own social groups. Keep the social groups in mind, we will discuss them later.

The VIP memberships are a way to keep advertising to a bare minimum on the site. Also, with that in mind - regular members should be seeing one banner at the top of the page, VIP members do not see that banner.

Social groups - with the next major update to the site, social groups are going to be like their own mini-forum. The groups are going to have threads that members can subscribe to, its going to be almost just like a forum section. But the creator of the group will be the moderator. So it will be like having your own forum. Once the VIP membership expires, you get to keep the Social Group. If you decide you no longer want do deal with the group you created, it can be given to someone that you pick.

But these types of social groups will not be available until the next major update to the site. Which should be in another month or two.

If you wish to do something that contributes to this community, but do not want to get a VIP / Premium membership - then please shop with one of our merchants. http://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

The VIP group was designed to keep advertising down by covering the cost of the server, but shopping at a merchant will serve the same purpose.

·
Registered
156 Posts
+1

If you truly enjoy this site (as I do) give back, make a contribution. Running sites like these isn't free you know?

Also, the ability to download as many files as you want in a day is nice.

Radar

Edit: You're quick Kev....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no problem with supporting the cause monetarily. The list of benefits looks good, it's more that I was interested in understanding the type of discussion in the VIP area: i.e. is it a bunch of people talking about how they donated or is it more "expert information" when compared to the other forum sections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts