Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
pretty coyote. Seems like the ones around here are uglier than shat.

Reactions: Yorkshire Boy

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
pretty coyote. Seems like the ones around here are uglier than shat.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nice video Kev, thank you. That was a gorgeous looking creature.

I understand that trapping is a job and a way of life for many people around the world.

But I'm glad that they didn't kill that animal just for the sake of killing it.

·
Idaho Mountain Man
401 Posts
That coyote looks like it has some dog blood in it. BTW, SS not everyone in Idaho thinks coyotes are vermin. Do you remember the 50s when Jack Rabbits overran the farming communities in southern Idaho. We sure could have used more coyotes then. Coyotes have their place in the ecosystem and they do their job well.

Reactions: Idaho

·
SURVIVOR
1,089 Posts
cool video! i went coyote hunting on christmas eve & new years day this yr. we had about 12 guys both days, we didn't get anything, but it was a good time. we covered alot of country miles, but it seemed like they were 1 step ahead of us. it was cool cuz we had a light dusting of snow on new yrs day & could see all the tracks & most were headed away from us

·
Dances with Salmon
290 Posts
That coyote looks like it has some dog blood in it. BTW, SS not everyone in Idaho thinks coyotes are vermin. Do you remember the 50s when Jack Rabbits overran the farming communities in southern Idaho. We sure could have used more coyotes then. Coyotes have their place in the ecosystem and they do their job well.
Nope wasn't around in the 50's, but I remember in the mid-80's when they formed the "Bunny-Bopper" squads and everyone ran around w/ baseball bats smacking them around.
Sure coyotes have their place in the ecosystem, but the ecosystem is completely out of balance and coyotes *need* to be kept in check through trapping/hunting. I spoke to a biologist from F&G about it once and he told me that in order to MAINTAIN (not reduce) a coyote population in Idaho 75% of the population needs to be culled annually, either naturally or by humans. Any less than that and they explode.
That is when the taxes from our hunting/fishing licenses have to be spent on helicopter rentals so F&G can mow them down from the air rather than habitat improvement.
I haven't met a rancher yet who doesn't shoot them on site, if not put poison out for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts