Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am very new to the Board. What drew me here were questions I have on the "how to/how it is done" with regards to the making and posting of the Survivalistboards videos appearing on YouTube.

I have searched this Board without results for any previous explanations regarding the making and posting of the videos. Does anyone have a link to a thread that would explain things for me? If you do, THANKS.

My questions are along this line:
* What kind of camera is used?

* What software is used in the editing?

* What format is used in the rendering of the video prior to posting? (I.e. MPEG4, 800kbps, 640x480, MOV, MP3 encoding, Sample Rate 22khz, Bit depth 16, 4:3 frame, etc.)

* How do you keep the rendered size small yet allow for the higher quality that is available as a toggle on YouTube?

* Why do you post on YouTube where you are limited in size and duration, when you can post on Google Videos with unlimited size and duration?

I am trying to post my own videos (non-survival related) on Google/YouTube, but find the size and quality is lousy compared to what YOU have on YouTube recently. That is the primary reason I am asking. I am new at all this video stuff and would appreciate some idea regarding how you do what you do. My hope is that others here might find the same information interesting. Thanks

Keep it hidden and dry,
Mike (Walk and Talk)

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
My questions are along this line:
* What kind of camera is used?
Anything that takes good quality videos. I use a canon sd750 and an Olympus FE-310. A video size of 640 X 480 and at least 30 frames per second is preferred.

* What software is used in the editing?
Windows movie maker - it comes with windows XP and vista.

* What format is used in the rendering of the video prior to posting? (I.e. MPEG4, 800kbps, 640x480, MOV, MP3 encoding, Sample Rate 22khz, Bit depth 16, 4:3 frame, etc.)
When you are ready to save the video, in windows movie maker - left column - save to my computer - select the path or folder you want to save the video to - select best fit to file size - and bump up the file size until its maxed out. This should be around a 2 meg bit rate. This is going to give you the best quality video you can get.

* How do you keep the rendered size small yet allow for the higher quality that is available as a toggle on YouTube?
As far as I know, youtube takes care of all of that.

* Why do you post on YouTube where you are limited in size and duration, when you can post on Google Videos with unlimited size and duration?
Youtube now allows videos up to 1 gig. And youtube is more popular then google video. I can upload the same exact video to google and youtbe - and youtube will get 100X the views then google video.

I can upload a video to Break.com and google video. And the video at break will get 20X - 30X the views then the one at google video.

I am trying to post my own videos (non-survival related) on Google/YouTube, but find the size and quality is lousy compared to what YOU have on YouTube recently.
Google video resizes the video to almost full screen. So if you upload a 320X240 video, when google enlarges it, the quality is going to be terrible.

Google video is one of the worst video sites there is. The people at google know this, that is why they bought youtube.

You will get your most views at youtube, break, metacafe, dailymotion, veoh, myspace - places like that.

If you want t blast your videos, sign up at tubemogu http://www.tubemogul.com/ From there you can upload the video once, and then blast it out to several video sites at once.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cell Phone Plans

The Apple iPhone is now one of the most popular devices today. Ever since it was introduced in the market, people started going crazy about them and up until today, people still want one for their own. Besides, with the iPhone, you will be able to combine a multimedia player with a mobile phone. With [...]
====================================
Cell Phone Plans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts