Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this recent congressional hearing, Ron Paul announces his retirement from congress, joking about how much Bernanke and his staff must be smiling, but he then proceeds to ask some very uncomfortable questions. The best of this video is in the last minute or so, where Bernanke is asked point-blank, "Is gold money?" After a very long and uncomfortable pause,Bernanke says no, "it's an asset". Then Paul says that's interesting how they've simply decided this after 6000 years of gold being "money". The Ben-Bernank squirms. Then Paul asks why the central banks don't hold diamonds instead of gold, and Bernanke answers.....(seriously,you can't make this stuff up)......Bernanke answers..... "tradition". :confused:
LMAO !!! I knew it all along!! Those Central Banksters are really just a bunch of grandfatherly old geezers steeped in "tradition",longing for the good 'ol days, whimsically hoarding stacks of $1600/oz. gold in vaulted basements.........because of ......sentimentality? :rolleyes:

http://lewrockwell.com/orig12/fontevecchia1.1.1.html

(edit: I just noticed that Onemoreday posted this video a day earlier, sorry for the redundant post.)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Sucks that R. Paul is retiring, who else will ask questions like this that actually matter? Hopefully he'll run for Prez. on a third party ticket. I don't care what shills the republican or democratic branches of the global party offer us.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
I saw that yesterday and almost spit when he said "tradition"! :D:

Can you imagine what goes through the Bernanks head when they say "Mr.Paul, you have the floor..."

Love it!

:D:

Reactions: MIL-DOT

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.... Hopefully he'll run for Prez. on a third party ticket......
As much as I agree that Paul would make a great President, I genuinely PRAY that he ( or anyone,for that matter) isn't so foolish or selfish as to run as a 3rd party canidate. They will NEVER win, and would only serve to guarantee another,even more catastrophic term, for the Obomination.:(

·
Registered
780 Posts
He announced back in may that he's running for president as a republican. That's why he's leaving congress, to focus on the presidency.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
As much as I agree that Paul would make a great President, I genuinely PRAY that he ( or anyone,for that matter) isn't so foolish or selfish as to run as a 3rd party canidate. They will NEVER win, and would only serve to guarantee another,even more catastrophic term, for the Obomination.:(
I disagree that a 3rd. party will never win. I realize that Perot was a shill who's only purpose was to split the conservative vote but, before he dropped out of the race so "the CIA wouldn't wreck my daughters wedding", I didn't know anyone who wasn't saying they were going to vote for him. It was the first & ONLY time I've seen genuine excitement in people during an election.

If he runs as a republican, the republican party itself will sabatoge him & he won't win the primary. I'll do what I did last time though. Vote for Paul in the primary & write in "Ted Nugent" in the final election.

·
Veritas Aequitas
1,956 Posts
They will NEVER win, and would only serve to guarantee another,even more catastrophic term, for the Obomination.:(
I don't care anymore. The republocrats are varying degrees of bad. Your argument is the same tool they use to keep us voting for them while they continue to make bad decisions.

We have to be willing to give up a few elections to make a point. If we are going to have a two party system then the parties need to be materially different. The republocrats aren't going to understand that until we split the vote in large numbers toward a 3rd party candidate.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
....We have to be willing to give up a few elections to make a point.
I hear what your saying,it's a valid point,and a few years back, I'd have been on-board,myself, but the problem is that we've gotten to the point that we simply won't survive "a few more elections" like the last one. We are truly on the edge of the abyss, hanging on by our fingernails. We don't have an inch of ground TO GIVE !! One more term from Obama,followed by a couple from Hillary, and IT....IS...ALL....OVER. We would never,EVER regain the lost liberties that would fall in those few years, beginning and ending with our right to keep and bear. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts