Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Wise food company was running commercials during the natgeo Doomsday preppers episodes offering free samples of their products .
I called and took them up on their offer and received 2 samples of their product

Overall I liked the way both of them tasted and consider wise to be one of the better tasting Long term storage foods I have tried from a emergency food company , very Close in quality to Mountain House In my opinion

I did a quick Video review of the Wise food Company
4 serving entree
and addressed some issues that some people may have a problem with

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
The thing that bothers me about Wise Emergency Food is the sodium:calories and the sodium:nutrition ratios.

Some of the examples I have seen are something like 250 calories, and 800 - 900 mg of sodium.

You will have to eat 2 of them to make the calorie content for a meal, then you have blown your sodium intake for the day.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,662 Posts
The thing that bothers me about Wise Emergency Food is the sodium:calories and the sodium:nutrition ratios.

Some of the examples I have seen are something like 250 calories, and 800 - 900 mg of sodium.

You will have to eat 2 of them to make the calorie content for a meal, then you have blown your sodium intake for the day.
Couple of years ago I tried a sample. It *was* salty tasting, and while I don't mind that so much, my wife found it so salty for her that it made her mouth hurt.

Between the sodium content and their questionable response to the lab reports indicating their storage approach wasn't effective, I'm steering clear of Wise.

Sometimes, what looks like a good deal isn't so much.

Reactions: TxHills and MikeK
1 - 5 of 5 Posts