Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a video tonight dedicated to all of you guys. Special thanks to jitterbug5157 (your kindness motivates), Ohioman, MikeK, OLDWarrior64, TxHills, VINCENT, Gunner-Fisherman, jfountain2, hank2222, Ryan, and always Kev.

I hope everyone enjoys. OH, and my problem with the Emergency service prices wasn't meant to be political. Me and cranky1950 have just recently been debating this subject and together we found a solution to health care that will actually work. :D:

Please enjoy.

Oh and by "flint and steel" I meant Swiss Magnesium fire striker.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was looking at the MRE in the back and daring you in my head to pick it up for a bad review... the shake light... the BIGGEST piece of crape ever made. Now if the battery was able to hold a charge longer it might not have made to top of the list, but why not put a small crank in the back so at least someone else can hold and crank the light while the other works. I got so ****ed that I threw it as hard as I could and it took me 20 trys before it finaly broke in half. I kept the VERY high power magnet from inside as that was the only thing of worth in it.

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
That was beautiful. A much better video than when the neighbor's dogs got into your coop.
He was justifiably upset in that video.

Good vid, Crutch. I sympathize on the pistol grip, and the shaker light. Flashlight I had was trash. I personally liked my shottie with a stock. Shoot low, stabalize the butt against the side of my hip.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great Video

I espescially like how you started off by by backtracking as fast as you could with the radio set. Thanks for that particular bit of info because I've been thinking about getting a GRMS set like that, but in spite of how much you love it I think that I'll hold off (at least until the local CT has a sale).

Don't feel too bad about your tac vest, I did the same thing, only from an e-bay company, figured that it would be like the CF Tac Vest that I used to have (man I hated to return that). And it's nothing like the genuine article, doesn't fit right, chafes in the wrong places.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss your survival keychain though. With the amount of weight that you're carrying on there if you ever got into a close quarters fight with someone all you would have to do is hit him with that and he'd be out cold. :thumb:

Thanks for the list, like you said we all make stupid mistakes (purchases) from time to time. But it's good to be able to laugh at them.

PS

This is the first viedos of yours that I've seen. For some reason I thought you were older. (Not saying thats good or bad)

·
Small Burrowing Creature
1,990 Posts
Hi I'm a creeper on the internet - you're better looking than I expected!

Also thanks for the video this one saved me some money because 2 things I was looking at buying were on there.

·
Registered
33,183 Posts
Great video!

Loved the survival "glow sticks"....you had me cracking up!

·
Small Burrowing Creature
1,990 Posts
I never understood the fascination with glow sticks.

However I was totally going to get a crank radio and pondering a shake flashlight, so my husband owes you a debt of gratitude for saving us the money.

·
Liberty or Death!
679 Posts
Good video, we all make mistakes in purchasing and probably will still make some in the future. I can't believe that you went dove hunting, 1.with a pistol grip on a shotgun and 2.that you actually hit any of em that way. That would have made a good video. It's good to get the mistakes and bad buys outta the way now before the "real game" starts. Just gotta laugh em off and save some of it to smash and cannibalize when you get really ticked off. great stress reliever.

·
90/10 headed for 95/5
7,665 Posts
Great video....informative and highly entertaining! :thumb:

Reactions: Crutch

·
Vincer Aut Mori
162 Posts
good vid,have a yard sale and sell all the crap you dont want then take the money and go by some more crap you dont want,no realy good vid thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 103 Posts