Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
What bag do you use? I am going to get a Christmas present in the form of a backpack it would be nice to tell them what exactly to get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just wondering if you have used the bags for water? to me they dont look thick enough to hold the weight even if you do use two bags. 20 gals = 150 lbs.+. just wondering here

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wondering if you have used the bags for water? to me they dont look thick enough to hold the weight even if you do use two bags. 20 gals = 150 lbs.+. just wondering here
I should have explained more I keep 4 bags in my pack, each able to hold 5 gallons pretty easy. I only double when transporting water. And yes, I have used hem in the field and they work fantastic. They are super thick.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Good vid! I love seeing what other people put in their bag, it helps me find things I may have not thought of before.

Thanks,
Tbull:cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
great info just what i have been looking for that is why i joined this site to be better prepared when the crap goes south and it will

·
You're no daisy
1,309 Posts
I enjoyed the video very much.. good info throughout! I especially like the suggestion to have a good 22 rifle... easy to stock bulk 22 and most would be surprised at how much game can be taken with a well placed 22LR shot.

I am also guilty of being a cheapo when it comes to sleeping bags.. I have an old sears sleeping bag that I have wrapped wool army blankets around when it gets cold... I remember last deer season waking up at 3am with my toes curled in a knot from muscle spasms brought on by the freezing temperatures.

·
I feel good.... . . .
494 Posts
I noticed that you had an am/fm radio for incoming information. Do you have provisions for 2-way communications for your bug-out-bag (GPRS/FRS, VHF, NOAA radios)? If so, please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your sleeping bag is standard army issue now. I'm sure that you knew that. I attempted to acquire a few before I got out but I missed the opportunity.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts