Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They were talking to a pawn shop owner down in Palm Beach, and he was remarking that the slowing economy has not only been bringing in unprecedented buisness, but it's bringing in a more upscale clientele that usually isn't the type to frequent pawn shops. He finished up by recommending everyone buy lots of rice, and get ready to hunker down ! (seriously!)
When this kind of stuff is hitting the mainstream news, and it's no longer
"right-wing,the-sky-is-falling,conspiracy-theory proaganda", but something everyone needs to wake up and pay attention to, and I was glad to see it.
So, I called a relative of mine that I've been trying to get "on board", who after considerable effort and coersion, recently went in with us on a small load of Austrian silver philharmonics. ( she just got one tube, $294,delivered, but it's a start.) This time i got her to agree to reimburse me for the cost of 50# of rice,Mylar,O2's and a plastic bin ( on sale right now at both Lowes and Home Depot, BTW). Like I said.......it's a start.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
1 Troy Ounce silver coins produced by the Austrian government.
LOL, I was thinking "would would you do with a bunch of harmonicas if the SHTF"? Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Leave Me Alone
434 Posts
I have a close friend who owns a Pawn Shop. The big business started when Gas Prices went sky high. Everybody was pawning stuff to buy gas to go to work, or drive around on. Problem is, he says he's loaning out so much money, but it's not comming back on loan repayments, or sales on stuff in his shop. He said if it wasn't for the panic buying of guns and ammo since the election, he'd probably be broke right now.

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
I just saw that story and was going to post on it.

The reporter is correct. I don't have much sympathy for those Palm Beach socialites.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
APMEX recently got some of the Austrian silver in stock, and I always thought they looked cool, and more importantly, they came in serveral dollars an ounce less than Silver Eagles. Plus, they're also a national mint, legal tender, face valued at 1.50 Euros.( Which I believe still makes their face value higher than the Eagles, not that it matters much.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
No sympathy here. I also saw the story. Very interesting but thost socialites will not be around long if they don't have champagne and caviar.

·
Gold memba-золот&#10
588 Posts
APMEX recently got some of the Austrian silver in stock, and I always thought they looked cool, and more importantly, they came in serveral dollars an ounce less than Silver Eagles. Plus, they're also a nation mint, legal tender, face valued at 1.50 Euros.( Which I believe still makes their face value higher than the Eagles, not that it matters much.)
Do you think AF are more "valuable" than Maple Leafs? I know it is like splitting hair.. For some reason I thought that #1 by popularity in U.S. are the eagles, #2 probably Canadians and lastly Philharmonics. I may be very well wrong though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Do you think AF are more "valuable" than Maple Leafs? I know it is like splitting hair.. For some reason I thought that #1 by popularity in U.S. are the eagles, #2 probably Canadians and lastly Philharmonics. I may be very well wrong though.
I have been buying Eagles I have not been able to find Maple leafs any where local.

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
I never figuered out how gold and silver were worth more than food or ammo to stock up on.
If you've got food, somebody will offer gold for it.
If you've got gold, you pray someone will give you food for it.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
(QUOTE)"I never figuered out how gold and silver were worth more than food or ammo to stock up on.
If you've got food, somebody will offer gold for it.
If you've got gold, you pray someone will give you food for it."

This is true, of course, but only assuming there's something like a TOTAL collapse. I don't think that's what we're looking at. Instead, this is all engineered, and we're being LED somehwere. We'e going to be squeezed, HARD even, but we won't see any global governmental collapse, but eventually the opposite. Greater, more complete,global control.\But first we have to be made to ASK for it.;)
Don't believe me? Well,then wait and see !!

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey JDaniels.....I got the Austrian stuff from APMEX ( American Precious Metals Exchange). They're a very reputable operation,but they do charge the 3% credit card fee, which can jack up the price, so a money order can save some bucks.
I got these Philharmonics for under $15 an ounce, delivered. APMEX recently had a one-day deal on Silver Eagles, then ran out and then extended the deal to Maple Leafs, so I got some at under $14 an ounce,delivered, and now wish I'd gotten more.:(

·
Registered
442 Posts
(QUOTE)
This is true, of course, but only assuming there's something like a TOTAL collapse.
I didn't think the food situation would get as bad as it did the past couple of years, either, but it did. That's why I'm here now. It's not likely to get any better with the weird weather patterns, using up all the corn to put in SUVs and other disruptions. There doesn't have to be a total collapse, just a couple month's disruption. That silver means **** when there ISN'T any food to be had.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
(quote)" That silver means **** when there ISN'T any food to be had."

Well, uh, yeah,I think I already acknowledged that. But, if there literally "isn't any food", well, that would amost instantly turn into total anarchy, or the aforementioned "total collapse". Any turmoil short of that, PM's will still be among the few things retaining any value.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Palm Beach. Could be related to recent Wall Street plunge and investor scandal. I saw a story on that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts