Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
No, you should not expect to fire a thousand rounds at almost continuous fully automatic fire rates out of rifles that weren't designed for that sort of use.

That's what most of his torture tests show. PSA AR 450 rounds, S&W M&P II 800 rounds, etc. I think the speed at which he can change mags has and affect on them ending sooner or later. The more continous the fire the faster they fail.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
IMHO in Combat about one magazine per minute if one is taking well aimed shots. more than that you are either a support by fire position or spraying and praying. JMHO

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
All these videos really show is how fast a firearm can be destroyed by purposely trying to destroy it but they aren't realistic in the sense that most people aren't gonna have full-auto or the ammo to dump that much at one time.

Most people will never come close to repeating what these videos show, not even Battlefield Las Vegas and their firearms are full-auto because they are not gonna let customers purposely destroy their firearms...

I'm quite sure if some grunt in the Russian military tried this stunt their sargent would beat them senseless with their AK...LOL

·
Shade Tree Gynecologist
3,705 Posts
Other than the novelty and entertainment value, these demonstrations prove little.

it does attest to the durability of some guns in extreme cases, however, these are not realistic situations.

I think a 10k mud run/obstacle course with intermittent shooting points along the way would be much more demonstrative as to the dependability/durability of a firearm.

I also seem to remember that most of the AR's IV8888 has tested had a much higher round count before destruction than the AK's he as tested.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,520 Posts
Is there a point to destroying a good gun just to prove one can destroy a good gun? Anyone with any real gun training knows one can only cause a limited number of explosions within fix period before it begins to jam, become less accurate, or be destroyed completely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts