Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard today about a company called Zero Motorcycles. The bikes are almost completely silent, and I think run completely on electricity.

I was thinking this might be a cool investment, especially for an extended disaster sit. where fuel might run low. But I thought I might ask for insight/opinions first. Thanks!

A~~~

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
You can trickle charge it with solar, but it's still not going to have the range of an internal combustion engine. They're good for around town riding, they'll never be touring bikes.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Get a dirt bike with a decent size tank and the ability to haul another hundred pounds in gear. Get a good muffler for it and you're set. Machine gun mounts are extra.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,412 Posts
Electric vehicles of all sorts still have quite a few serious drawbacks. The big one is range. They just can't go very far on a charge. You'll have an easier time finding fuel than you will electricity. Plus you can cache fuel. I just wish they made a practical diesel motorcycle.

·
Banned
9,119 Posts
i think you might be talking about the zenn car (zero emmissions no noise )
it's a new electric car made in ontario canada. great city vehicle, but not for highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts