Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the midwest. I decided tonite to do some reconnoitering at Wal-Mart just to see how sold out preps are, and I'd pick up the odd Covid-19 prep item if I ran across them.

[NOTE: I'm prepped, but I have some compromised immune system family for whom I do some care, and ensuring I have enough disinfectant is important. I have in excess of a year's worth of food prepped, and you can imagine how well I'm prepped in other areas. So, please, no "you should have prepped before now" stuff. TY.]

First stop, the pharmacy. Looking for rubbing alcohol from which I could make a spray sanitizer. I asked the worker there who kind of laughed and said "no, haven't had that for a while."

Second stop, the TP aisle. Shockingly, there was quite a bit there. I could have easily bought 100 rolls if I'd needed it. I have over 200 rolls so that's not a need, but all this stuff about a shortage of TP? Not here.

Third stop, the cleaning products aisle. I'm looking for Lysol spray and wipes--not expecting to find some, but if I ran across some I'd buy it.

Nothing on the shelves, but a worker was restocking. I asked him where i could find it, he informed me he had some on his pallet--which he did. I managed to score some spray and some wipes. I called a buddy and told him to get over to the store if he wanted to add to his preps. He did.

The point of this isn't that I got lucky on finding some stuff--I even went to Menards afterwards and found the last two Lysol spray disinfectant cans on the shelf, which I claimed.

The point is that all the hysteria we see in some places, especially with the Costco stampede.....well, it's not everywhere. It's not here. Maybe that's because we haven't had any cases nearby, but while the shelves were bare, there's not an impossible shortage here. And maybe the socioeconomic status of consumers who have Costco memberships makes them more....skittish? I don't know.

Now, if we had cases here locally would all this change? Seems likely to me. But take this as perhaps hopeful for those struggling to find preps: not everywhere is out, and while you may assume that you can't find something, that's not necessarily the case. Check to be sure.

PS: I was tempted to walk out with more than I need, but I left stuff on the shelf for others.

·
"TURGID FLUX"
5,760 Posts
I have heard nothing about this virus erupting in the homeless population. Weird,

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,499 Posts
I have heard nothing about this virus erupting in the homeless population. Weird,

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
NOT TO be cruel..
BUT

Who would care and who would report on it?
IF they get it or not...
It is expected, not news to pander with..
IF the homeless came down with a virus that turned them into pink tigers the only change would be the new tour groups running to go see the pink tigers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts