Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Urban Van Survivor 1 Year
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a 12 volt DC water pump and some garden hose with a nozzle. Used a 5 gallon bucket with lid for the storage tank. Water should be pretty warm after a long day. :thumb:

·
Bread Baker
3,255 Posts
Something you might want to try, if you want some really hot water.. A solar hot water bag. I bought 4. You can find them at wal-mart, in the camping section. Each bag holds 5 gallons of water. Let it set in the sun for about 3 hours, and voila! Then just dump the water into your bucket.

·
That's "Ma'am" to you
2,854 Posts
Nice - although I hope you pick a more private spot for your shower than the side of a residential street :eek:

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
Git nekkid in front of my kids and you are gonna need more than a shower...

Good idea either way...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Nice! There are portable shower/porta-potti enclosures that could break down to store in the van or I'm sure you could construct something to hook over the door with a cheap shower curtain.

There are a few on this page: Cabelas

I'm a fan of solar shower bags myself; simple, nothing to wire or plumb. But on a cloudy, cold day you get a cold shower. They can be used alone and gravity fed or like mentioned above, you could transfer to your bucket.

·
Urban Van Survivor 1 Year
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If my water is cold I just boil a pot of water and dump it in. Warms up the whole thing. :)

I'm contemplating building a shower enclosure inside the van. The toilet would sit inside and act as a shower seat. The water would drain into a tank I'll install under the van. Grey water could be re-used for something...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Small heat exchanger, (buy or build one), plumbed inline with your heater hose. 12VDC on demand pump and some hose. You can have a hot shower until your truck runs out of gas! Built one for my Dodge. Stick one hose in the creek, and take a nice long shower. Need to install a valve to control flow through the exchanger. This will adjust the temperature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts