Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the AR-15 market is over saturated was curious what a Full sized
M16A1 style build would go for. The lower is a colt stamp match target lower, and I would be tossing in 7 old LE stamped GI mags with it.

Was thinking of $500 min bid on Gunbroker.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
Make it a $1000, it says Colt, right?

Colt fans will suck it right up.

Notice I didn't say fanbois. ;)

·
Fixer
1,270 Posts
Wife saw a s&w sporter on facebook today for 650 sold fast she dident notice she had to scroll down
iwas thinking it was a good buy with the accessories listed with.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
M16A1 style build would go for. The lower is a colt stamp match target lower, and I would be tossing in 7 old LE stamped GI mags with it.

It is an A1 upper? with that flash suppressor? It has a forward assist?

Those old pencil barrels pop up now and then. Neat to see. Why sell it, it's pretty dang light.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a spare parts build more or less. Plus I have a transferable NFA ar-15 lower that I am waiting for the form 4 to clear. The sale of the rifle will buy me a 10 inch replacement barrel with a adjustable gas block for my LWRC upper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's the potential for more value in the upper than the lower.
Can you provide a good photo of the right side of the upper receiver to help us identify it?
And can you tell me what markings you see on the barrel?
Do you know what BCG it has?

If the upper assembly (receiver, barrel, gas tube, etc.) are all Colt parts, they may be worth more than your starting bid for the whole rifle.

I'm a fairly serious "retro" AR collector (including NFA) and would be happy to help you identify exactly what you have.

·
Registered
89 Posts
it will sell quick. the hipster crowd will say its cool because its retro. i would put a reserve on it for around 750 and call it good.
Huh. To think, I can remember when everyone was putting the A1's down for all the '66 reasons and how inferior they were to the A2's. They used to run my XM177 down because it was so short yet look at the M4.

·
Registered
89 Posts

This may or may not bother you. Get it checked by a smith to make sure it's safe. Any fool can make one from parts and sell it. When you go to shoot it, it goes bang in the wrong way. Also, make sure it's not fully auto.

The A1s are a slower twist that wants a 55gr bullet to be fired. The 62gr ones may not work so well. I'm told they will work fine, but my training says no. The heavier bullet requires more twist to stabilize it in flight and in the target. That's what I liked about my old XM. It had an even slower twist rate that made the bullet destabilize in the target much faster. But, I never tried to shoot it at a 500 yard target.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you want to maximize the dollars you make on your parts gun you should part it out. Granted it will take longer but you'll make more $$$ doing it that way.

P.S. I'm thinking about becoming a hipster just so I can beat the hell out of myself every morning . . . . .

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for the slow response and thank you all for the good information everyone provided. As of right now the upper is still attached to the AR-15 transferable lower in the Form 4 neither world. The lower is stamp "Colt" but it is a post ban lower. I am not currently sure on the twist rate or anything on the upper but I have a couple auction pictures that might help.

·
Errrrr
5,680 Posts
AR-15's value might really take a hit with the latest EO passed by Obama that bans common AR-15 ammo. A lot of AR-15 owners probably don't have stockpiled ammunition, and paperweights don't sell for very much. I should stock up a bunch of ammo and play the waiting game for the firearms.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/report-new-gov-regulations-will-ban-common-ar-15-ammunition_022015
lol you suck at neckbearding. The neckbearding dbags already bought it all up. Seriously, the market from last night to now disapeared the majority of it all.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts