Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its back, not the biggest, just the best.

The next Valley forge gun show will be held september 19th 20th and the 21st. I'm really looking forward to this. Anyone else going? Better get your evil black rifles while you still can.

http://www.valleyforgegunshow.com/

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
We have the Fort Boise gun show going on at the fairgrounds this weekend. They are always fun to go to. Never kow what you'll find. have fun...
Peter

·
Registered
258 Posts
I usually go to the shows in PA since I am right in DE but Oktoberfest is that weekend and I will be busy. I may try and get up there early saturday morning and make a quick tour of the tables to grab some odds and ends.

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
I used to live in Bucks County, close to Washingtons Crossing. I'm in SW Florida now, wishing I was still up in PA.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Mosin nagant in cosmoline for 69.00. That looked to be the best deal for a rifle at the gun show. Was looking at a Romainian AK kit, pins and rebuild receiver for for a bit under 300.00. Probably should have jumped on that one.
Peter

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll see you all there, heading out the door now.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I only stayed for about two hours because I had other things I needed to do. Before I set foot through the door I already knew what I wanted -- magazines. At the last show I paid $10/ea for a 30 round AK-47 magazine and $20/ea for Glock 19 magazines. The AK mags were still at the same price, but the Glock magazines were now $25/ea. I bought ten of each and two .50 ammo cans. This brings my total number of AK magazines up to 50+ and my Glock 19 magazines up to 30. At the next show in December I'll probably get another 10 Glock magazines and 1k of 7.62x39.

The dealer selling the Glock magazines said he expected the price of magazines to double within the next two months if Obama is elected. Then if Obama starts passing new laws, the price will really start to go up. Of course, he could have been passing on rumors he heard or have been trying to increase his sales. Part of me was skeptical, but another part of me actually believes him. Now is the time to stock up!

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to the show today and saw a few tempting items. The Yugo SKS's ranged from used (and they looked it) for $250 to new unissued from $300-$350 depending on the table.

The AK's and the saiga's were too steep for my appreciation of them. The cheapest I saw was a WASR for a bit over $400 with most AK's and saiga's well over $500.

After filtering through that stuff I came to the real goods, the M1's and the AR-15's. The M1's were out of my price range by a lot, ranging from $1600 to $2999.

The Ar-15 were reasonably priced but I really wish that those old A1 style uppers would just go away.

I ended up getting what I wanted which was an AR-15 lower receiver. I only planned to get a stripped lower but one complete lower I saw by CMMG looked so nice I picked that up. I also picked up a few boxes of ammo. One type I thought I remembered 5.7mm recommend was Prvi Partizan 62gr. I'll see how my DPMS likes it before I get any more. I picked up a few other odds and ends which all told made it a very worthwhile trip.

·
Registered
589 Posts
At the last show I ended up paying $550 for a GP/WASR-10 with a side folding Romanian wire stock. Yeah, the prices are getting very steep. I could have paid around the $450 area for other AK-47s that I saw, but none were in as good of a condition that the one I purchased was. There is absolutely no canted front sight or gas tube, the bolt does not tend to stick open (happens on a $400 WASR I bought, but does not present reliability problems), little to no magazine wobble, and it had a folding stock which is in the $70+ range. While I did pay more for the AK, it is a far better quality than other WASRs I have seen, so I consider it a good buy. While we may be crying about paying nearly $500 for WASRs now, later that will seem like a very cheap price. If I can swing it, I’ll get my fourth AK by the time the next show comes to town in the spring. Hopefully they will not drastically increase in price by then.

Let’s not forget we are not only preparing for ourselves and current families, but future generations as well. What we put away now may be all we have available to us in the future in a worse case scenario of anti-gun legislation. When I become too old to run around and defend myself and the neighborhood, it will be nice to hand over a nice sized arsenal to my grandchildren to pick up where I left off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts