Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SURVIVOR
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll....so my corn didn't do well at all this season. i wasn't aware of having to mass plant corn. so i got like 20 ears of corn from a local veggy farmer. i heard you can vacuum seal the corn still in the husks. i'm debating doin this & think i might dekernal it so it doesn't takeup as much room. does anyone vacuum seal corn like this? thx

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have actually, I think that it keeps the corn more protected from frost bite.

When I bring it out to thaw I just thaw it in the husk, then I pull back the husk but dont remove it. REMOVE THOSE STRINGY THINGS LOL, I smear butter and some fresh herbs on it and then put the husk back around the corn and throw it on the grill. My mouth is watering just thinking of this so I guess ill have to get a couple ears out for dinner lol.

Also if you try this and the corn is a little dry, try soaking the whole ear with the husk and all in water for 30 minutes or more and then pull the husk back, remove the hairs, smear butter and herbs on the whole thing, and put the husk back. Depending on how hot your grill is it usually takes mine about 30 minutes to be perfect with a 300-350 degree grill.

sorry for the LONG recipe here but corn on the cob from the grill is one of my favorite foods and that is why I vacuum seal it in the husk.

·
SURVIVOR
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THX for info Ijuswannalive...corn on the cob in the husk is 1 of my favs too, i do the same as you. theres nothin like fresh sweet corn! i think wut i'll end up doin is 1/2 & 1/2..in hust & dekernaled & more than likely buy 10 more ears before i package them! The frostbite is what I was a lil worried about & the husk also would help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts