Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an 8 page transcript form a WHO Q and A conference on the 13 July ref vaccines, types of manufacture and problems associated with it.

RISKS (page 4 and 5) how to moniter reactions, what happened in the 1976 flu outbreak ref vaccine reactions (they are not sure).

The volume or quantities is estimated in the billions, but doses have not been properly tested as to how much or how many are required.

From this transcript, roll out will be on a priority basis for high risk groups and possibly nations.

Ther could be delays on delivering the pre ordered vaccine on time.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/pandemic_h1n1_presstranscript_2009_07_13.pdf

I think I would rather try to dodge a speeding bullet.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more info on the Vaccine.

WHO: No licensed swine flu vaccine til end of year
By MARIA CHENG, AP Medical Writer Maria Cheng, Ap Medical Writer – Mon Jul 13, 12:13 pm ET
In a presentation to WHO's vaccines advisory group last week, Kieny said a lower-producing vaccine would significantly delay the timeline for vaccines. That could complicate many Western countries' plans to roll out vaccines in the fall.
The decision to start vaccinating people against swine flu — which so far remains a mild virus in most people — will ultimately be a gamble, since there will be limited data on any vaccine. Until millions of people start receiving the shots, experts will not know about rare and potentially dangerous side effects.

The public health community may still be scarred by the U.S.' disastrous 1976 swine flu vaccination campaign, which was abruptly stopped after hundreds of people reported developing Guillain-Barre syndrome, a paralyzing disorder, after getting the flu vaccine.

Several drugmakers are currently considering using adjuvants, ingredients used to stretch a vaccine's active ingredient, which could allow for many more vaccine doses. But little or no data exists on the safety of vaccines with adjuvants in populations including children and pregnant women. And in the U.S., there are no licensed flu vaccines that use adjuvants.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090713/ap_on_he_me/eu_med_swine_flu_vaccine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts