Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the people at this forum are here for survival-related reasons and the political arena is one area which can also lend itself to survival purposes. Specifically, I am referring to the primary and caucus results which can be utilized as a tool for relocation purposes. When the results come in, one can check to see what the county results are (http://www.electionatlas.org a good site for this) for a given state. As an example, a person who supports Donald Trump would likely be more interested in living in a locale/county where there are other likeminded Trump supporters as opposed to living in a locale dominated by another political candidate who he/she doesn't agree with. In any event, just wanted to throw this out there.

·
M.R. Ducks
19,742 Posts
Voter turnout in Presidential primaries is around 10%. It's lower in caucus states. At best, the data will tell you what counties have the loudest vocal fringes. I'm not sure how one would use that in a SHTF plan.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the voting in the general election is also not the greatest when it comes to percentages either. Just another indicator/tool to utilize. Of course, people will have to decide for themselves how much weight to give it.

Voter turnout in Presidential primaries is around 10%. It's lower in caucus states. At best, the data will tell you what counties have the loudest vocal fringes. I'm not sure how one would use that in a SHTF plan.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
17,546 Posts
Most of the people at this forum are here for survival-related reasons and the political arena is one area which can also lend itself to survival purposes. Specifically, I am referring to the primary and caucus results which can be utilized as a tool for relocation purposes. When the results come in, one can check to see what the county results are (http://www.electionatlas.org a good site for this) for a given state. As an example, a person who supports Donald Trump would likely be more interested in living in a locale/county where there are other likeminded Trump supporters as opposed to living in a locale dominated by another political candidate who he/she doesn't agree with. In any event, just wanted to throw this out there.
Your basic idea is sound. But the county level results of the fall election would likely be more telling.

I started looking at the results of presidential election starting in 2000.
There is no way I was going to retire and move to a state that voted for Gore.

·
off-grid organic farmer
24,541 Posts
Utilizing Primary/Caucus Results as a Survival Aid ...
Many regions are prone to drought.

Some regions are prone to tornado.

Some regions are prone to hurricane.

The list of known and expected disasters is a long list. Many 'preppers' live in regions where they expect multiples of disasters to strike.

There are lots of things to look for.

How do you expect to earn a living when you get there?

How people caucus or how they vote, is far down near the bottom of the list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.