Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the deal with the USPS ,I have been expecting my tax refund since the 5th here it is the 12th still no refund now I would like to blame the IRS for this but they have done there job they processed my taxes sent them out on the march fith .I never have had to wait this long .is it because of COVID 19 virus and people calling off that is slowing things down also I was expecting to get another letter it was do on the 19th of February I got it on the 26th not only was it late it was in a bigger envolope all tore up couldn't hardly read any of it .on the back of it there was a apoligy written say how the post office tries to get our mail to use in good shape .so I asked our small town postmaster what happend and he said it got tore up in a machine at the main branch in Columbus the postmaster said that the only reason I got it was because the address was still legible .I'm wondering if the same thing has happened again and if it has is it still going to continue to happen .plus know one from the post office can give me a complaint form or a list or stolen mail form sorry for the rant I really could have used the refund money .I suppose by next tax season I might get it .I will use direct deposit next year and FedEx and UPS for anything important for now on

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So maybe I'm just getting in a big hurry or miss calculated the time if arrival ? I hope that's all I was really looking forward to getting it .it would have helped get me back into the green with home repairs and a extra house payment and with payday tomarrow I might have had a little extra to buy something for myself but I guess I can wait.i just had left the post office when I sent that post was a little angry my post was a positive way to deal with it

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
45,466 Posts
They lost your money sucka.

Reactions: n1d

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that has happened to me next year it's direct deposit .and when I order something it's FedEx or UPS may cost more but they are quicker .it may come tomarrow but I'm not going to hold my breath .my luck it's being held in quarantine because some one sneezed .that's not funny

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or they list it in a victim of the postal system

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
20 years ago I was getting my refund electronically. They just do an auto deposit.

We are self employed so owe every year.

The processing centers, as of today, are still operating at full capacity.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,827 Posts
As a military retiree, I do not make enough to pay into Income Taxation. Just like 47% of all US citizens.

As a result, I do not get 'refunds' from over paying.

·
Registered
588 Posts
So maybe I'm just getting in a big hurry or miss calculated the time if arrival ? I hope that's all I was really looking forward to getting it .it would have helped get me back into the green with home repairs and a extra house payment and with payday tomarrow I might have had a little extra to buy something for myself but I guess I can wait.i just had left the post office when I sent that post was a little angry my post was a positive way to deal with it

Just a suggestion, but maybe if'n you changed your with-holding you'd've had enough take home during the year that the money would've already been there for home repairs, and the extra house payment (or even a little bit extra each month to pay it off early) along with the ready cash for that something extra for yourself.
As for the USPS, I'm sure they're holdin' all them checks in the back room, just waitin' to hear from unhappy customers. They probably look forward to comin' to work each day with the idea they'll get about ellebenty-thousand calls wantin' for know what happened to somebody's check. /S/
I wonder if'n maybe they found a way to sell your check for pennies on the dollar, down at the pawn shop. Do it with enough checks and they might even afford the lay-away payments for a "new" Jennings .22 to go postal. Of course, then there's always the cost of ammo...

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
So what is the deal with the USPS ,I have been expecting my tax refund since the 5th here it is the 12th still no refund now I would like to blame the IRS for this but they have done there job they processed my taxes sent them out on the march fith .I never have had to wait this long .is it because of COVID 19 virus and people calling off that is slowing things down also I was expecting to get another letter it was do on the 19th of February I got it on the 26th not only was it late it was in a bigger envolope all tore up couldn't hardly read any of it .on the back of it there was a apoligy written say how the post office tries to get our mail to use in good shape .so I asked our small town postmaster what happend and he said it got tore up in a machine at the main branch in Columbus the postmaster said that the only reason I got it was because the address was still legible .I'm wondering if the same thing has happened again and if it has is it still going to continue to happen .plus know one from the post office can give me a complaint form or a list or stolen mail form sorry for the rant I really could have used the refund money .I suppose by next tax season I might get it .I will use direct deposit next year and FedEx and UPS for anything important for now on

I always do direct deposit but even then ... I haven't gotten mine back either. Last year ... the IRS messed up and I didn't get my refund until October. Both the USPS and the IRS are top-heavy and inept.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts