Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tuefel Hunden
1,572 Posts
Water is problamatic

I like my hydro pack or water bladder closer to me than on the outer most dangling end of a pack barely hanging on. I would not put it on the outside of a pack, but that is just me. Either inside a pouch made to hold it on the inner most layer of all my gear or I would resort to a canteen rather than have it out on the fringe. Water is very important to me so I keep it close. If I were to carry more..canteen! If I still needed more than that I would think out other ways to purify water rather that carry more at around 8lbs per gallon.

This isn't the best set up I have seen but for a one day or less out just messing around it works for him. Kindah hodge podge and mis matched.

This could kill two birds so to speak.

·
Tuefel Hunden
1,572 Posts
I am old so I need to use KISS alot.

So I resort to different methods and really try not to carry tons of stuff in one backpack type set up. I like layers.

There is a pattern developing here with me huh?

I try to support most of the weight close to my core and other load carrying areas. Hips carry a lot more weight than shoulders?

I also like to prioritized the placement of things based on needs and importance. Try out your set up. Load it up. Grab your weapon and run around for a day or two and you can see where you do and where you don't want stuff. The military makes it easy on you. They tell you where to put it and what to do, sometimes even why? LOL:thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.