Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I wonder if anybody has come across this before. I need to attach a USMC hydration system to the back of a MOLLE assault pack.

Right now I've attached the two top clips of the hydration system to the MOLLE webbing. But it's only attached in those two loops (there's no other places to attach it as far as I can see).

The hydration system weighs 5lbs empty plus holds 3 litres of water (2.2lbs / litre). So 11.6lbs across those two points.

Does this sound like too much for the webbing to take at only two points (loops)?

Looks like this:

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone,

Yes, this is a space inside the assault pack for the hydration system. But I wish to carry two of them. There's a little internal pouch that looks like it's for carrying one internally to the pack.

During the summer months, with my two dogs, and with trail running mixed in, we go through 3L pretty quick.

The idea is to carry LOTS of water, medical kit, a couple of tools. I'm not going anywhere in the wilderness. I always found it a very convenient way to carry lots of water (camelback style).

It doesn't feel like it's going to strain, when I'm giving it a tug to check I'm putting a hell of a lot more than 11.6lbs of pull on it.

I just don't want to end up busting the stitching or anything, because during a run the hydration system will be bouncing up and down a lot.

Having it on the handle will add some obstruction to the zips at the top, but I don't think that will be a big problem. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks again all,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your more likely to break the daypack. They are weak at the point where the strap connects to the bottom portion of the pack.
Oh really? It looked pretty well constructed. I take it you have experience of a failure, in which case, would you mind letting me know (if you recall) what kind of load/distance/pace we're talking about?

Apart from the water, everything else is pretty light. I'd say 30lbs total, water and supplies.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.