Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed on several occasions that people are able to respond to separate sections of a quote and intersperse their comments between portions of the original post.

When I click on "Quote", all I get is the entire post that I want to respond to. I need to know how to break that quote into sections so that I can respond to specific portions of the post.

I've tried manually entering the codes for the portion of quotes I wish to respond to, but it just doesn't work. Is there a tutorial for this or can you help me in some way?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I've noticed on several occasions that people are able to respond to separate sections of a quote and intersperse their comments between portions of the original post.
When I click on "Quote", all I get is the entire post that I want to respond to. I need to know how to break that quote into sections so that I can respond to specific portions of the post.

I've tried manually entering the codes for the portion of quotes I wish to respond to, but it just doesn't work. Is there a tutorial for this or can you help me in some way?

Thanks,
I do it manually. You should try it again.

The first quote I have listed credits you as the author and I put...

quote=RichardinColorado;20126970 at the beginning and /quote at the end.
Both parts need the brackets, [] on each end.

If I'm being lazy and don't want to put your name in the quote, like the second quote above, ill just use quote at the beginning and /quote at the end, both in brackets of course.

Of course maybe there's a better way but that's how I do it.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts

Also if you want to be really lazy you can type directly inside the quote and just highlight it in bold.

Highlighting in bold again

Last time in bold

Thanks,
If you do it this way you still have to have a message down here due to the 10 character minimum required. Apparently quotes don't count towards 10 characters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts