Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Here Another Day!
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the cover of the holidays and distracted attention, President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act into law Friday evening — just two days before many Americans celebrate Christmas — perhaps because it contains ominously Orwellian language meant to “counter propaganda and disinformation directed at the United States.”

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/12...GN&utm_term=0_b0c7fb76bd-7e692637be-387881221

·
Ingloriously Deplorable
2,634 Posts
He signed it rather than let it become law WITHOUT his signature, LOL. Not the same thing. It makes the cyber command its own 'command', increases troops more than what he wanted and increased the budget more than what he wanted too. I guess by signing, he got more golf claps and yaya...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wouldn't get to paranoid, the US has been in the electronic propaganda game since the end of WW II. Ever hear of Radio Free Europe? or any of the other "Radio" projects? This just formalizes a single point of management for these activities. There are any number of "alternative media" websites and bloggers to spread whatever disinformation the administration wants to put out already in operation. Remember that the spook agencies just a few years ago were legally prohibited from operating within the US. Obviously that policy has changed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't make us laugh. The Media in this nation is the PINNACLE of disinformation and propaganda.

Look at what they attempted to do to TRUMP.

Ironically it was PROPAGANDA backlash that elected Trump. Not Russian Hacks.

I mean really, Hillary runs a unsecured server and uses it to contain nationally sensitive information......and then is suddenly concerned about Russia hacking into a DNC server?

You can't make this insanity and double standard up. A clear indicator of how far it is gone is the astronomical number of TOTAL POTATOHEADS graduating from colleges with 4 year degrees with WORTHLESS REAL WORLD skills.

Because their professors are liberal morons shielded by tenure and isolation real world reality, talk them into being just another worthless turd with worthless degrees.

But they know how to hold a protest sign however.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wouldn't get to paranoid, the US has been in the electronic propaganda game since the end of WW II. Ever hear of Radio Free Europe? or any of the other "Radio" projects? This just formalizes a single point of management for these activities. There are any number of "alternative media" websites and bloggers to spread whatever disinformation the administration wants to put out already in operation. Remember that the spook agencies just a few years ago were legally prohibited from operating within the US. Obviously that policy has changed.
Yes, you're right, this is management of Defense access to single point control.

The Status Quo may be a lot of things, but they're not stupid. They know what's being said and by whom and they're darned tired of it. The boat is too close to rocking. A couple of apples have spilled from the cart and they worry about more. This whole Trump thing is bad enough and they don't want it getting carried away.

Yes, certain posers spread disinformation. Even on this forum. But for the moment, thankfully some alternatives exist. The NDAA doesn't stop, abridge, edit, or banish any of these alternatives from the public at large. It's a Dept. of Defense bill that you and I don't answer to.

But what it will do is curtail the access that soldiers will have. This is vital to waging an effective violent action, quite possibly domestically. We fought a world war on the myth of "the rape of Europe"; then another world war on the myth of "soap and lampshades"; then two more wars on the myth of "stemming communist aggression". Now we've been in a war for over a decade based on the myth that we can "fight terrorism".

Soldiers can read. What happens when they learn about the REAL reason for their U.N. leadership? What happens when they find out the REAL reasons for their house-to-house searches? The Status Quo want's to prevent that by controlling the Dept of Defense.

Sooner or later, someone is gonna wake up to this. The Status Quo just wants it to be later rather than sooneer -- that's all this bill is.

DS

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
He signed it rather than let it become law WITHOUT his signature, LOL. Not the same thing.
I don't think Congress is in session, so the President could have used the pocket veto to kill the bill. If President Obama signed it, he must have wanted the good parts more than he opposed the bad.

FWIW.

William Warren

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This will keep info about how to build homemade guns off the net. This could be used to keep certain types of martial arts off the net. While there is a lot of crap out there, it was really designed to censor any ideas against the governments' propaganda. Just another step closer the our Orwellian future.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Using the cover of the holidays and distracted attention, President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act into law Friday evening — just two days before many Americans celebrate Christmas — perhaps because it contains ominously Orwellian language meant to “counter propaganda and disinformation directed at the United States.”

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/12...GN&utm_term=0_b0c7fb76bd-7e692637be-387881221
How will you Obama howlers cope when he is no longer president? 12 hours a day with nothing to do.

Why is it you don't acknowledge that it is a Republican law, written by a Republican congress? Why don't you mention that no president can make laws? He can sign something that the Republican congress sent to his desk or he can veto it. Period!

So why is it that you refuse to accuse congress for what it is you dislike? Is it because you are simply so pathologically biased against him that you can't see beyond a drooling hatred?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Don't make us laugh. The Media in this nation is the PINNACLE of disinformation and propaganda.

Look at what they attempted to do to TRUMP.

Ironically it was PROPAGANDA backlash that elected Trump. Not Russian Hacks.

I mean really, Hillary runs a unsecured server and uses it to contain nationally sensitive information......and then is suddenly concerned about Russia hacking into a DNC server?

You can't make this insanity and double standard up. A clear indicator of how far it is gone is the astronomical number of TOTAL POTATOHEADS graduating from colleges with 4 year degrees with WORTHLESS REAL WORLD skills.

Because their professors are liberal morons shielded by tenure and isolation real world reality, talk them into being just another worthless turd with worthless degrees.

But they know how to hold a protest sign however.
"Ironically it was PROPAGANDA backlash that elected Trump. Not Russian Hacks."

Right. And you know this because; why? How? I know it's not "Duh, I don't know, I just do." But I cannot figure out any other way. I mean, ALL intelligence agencies say it is either definitely true or extremely likely.

That Russia has not only done it to us in our presidential election, but those of other nations as well. But your private "intelligence" knows better. Oh well, whatever Rush tells you.

·
Retired curmudgeon
19,556 Posts
How will you Obama howlers cope when he is no longer president? 12 hours a day with nothing to do.
I will take my sporting toys out and enjoy them without fear that the purple lipped, jug eared, kenyan son-of-a-bitch is doing everything in his power to take them away.

Why is it you don't acknowledge that it is a Republican law, written by a Republican congress? Why don't you mention that no president can make laws? He can sign something that the Republican congress sent to his desk or he can veto it. Period!

So why is it that you refuse to accuse congress for what it is you dislike? Is it because you are simply so pathologically biased against him that you can't see beyond a drooling hatred?
Tell that to your butt-buddy o-hole.

“We can’t wait for an increasingly dysfunctional Congress to do its job. Where they won’t act, I will.”

—President Barack Obama

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...-the-obama-administrations-unilateral-actions

President Barack Obama has signaled his willingness to “go it alone,” acting without congressional approval. Indeed, he has trumpeted this as a virtue of his Administration rather than a vice.

·
Retired curmudgeon
19,556 Posts
"Ironically it was PROPAGANDA backlash that elected Trump. Not Russian Hacks."

Right. And you know this because; why? How? I know it's not "Duh, I don't know, I just do." But I cannot figure out any other way. I mean, ALL intelligence agencies say it is either definitely true or extremely likely.

That Russia has not only done it to us in our presidential election, but those of other nations as well. But your private "intelligence" knows better. Oh well, whatever Rush tells you.
What "hacks"?

Name them. What exactly did Russia do to our election?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks. I clicked the link and there's over 3,000 pages. Can any speed readers put this in a nutshell?
I think we need to change the way bills are written. Perhaps a 100 page limit and have the Reps and Senators electronically sign that they have indeed read the bills and understand the details.

Going back to the infamous Pelosi comment regarding Obamacare 'let's pass it first and then read it' - if she had done this in a corporation she would have been fired.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts